Does Anyone Get Twitching?

Nauthiz

This may sound wierd but i am curious if anyone else gets this? I get it in my eye, and random spots in my body. For example this morning my arm was visibly twitching for about 5-10 minutes. I could see it actually jumping up little bits but then it stopped adventaully. Sometimes i also feel it in my calves, or random spot on my back etc? Also my left arm has been feeling a bit stiff lately. My dr just referred me to a neurologist and i just hope it is not some kind of degenerative disease like ALS or MS.

I've always had problem with eye twitching or sometimes a nerve or muscle in my arm. I have also had a spot above my upper lip twitch & I think that feels the strangest. I have never thought to mention it to a dr but it's been happening for many years. Hope yours is nothing serious.

Yes, I also get twitching/tremors in various parts of my body. Usually it's in my hands or arms, and also my eyes will go back and forth in a fast, rhythmic movement. That's called 'nystagmus' and you can look it up on the I-net if you'd like. I have a problem with having an abnormal amount of ischemic lesions in my brain, which is caused by not enough blood flow to that area. Your neuro will probably do an MRI, and that'll give him a good indication of what's going on. I wouldn't worry too much, because there are many things that can cause the twitches, but I'm glad you're getting it checked out.

Cheers,

Jana

Yes, and I notice I get twitching more when I'm subjected to situations that make my POTS worse (stress, heat, lack of fluids, etc). Stress is a biggie. Last Thursday was a bad day because our transmission went out after we left for a vacation. By the end of that evening, my whole body was shaking so much I could hardly bring my fork to my mouth at dinner! :rolleyes: But I don't get the eye twitches. I get twitching facial muscles, as well as muscles in my arms, legs, back, basically everywhere.