Bad Symptoms After Eating

Nauthiz

I seemed to have noticed after eating a decent sized meal especially or sometimes just from standing and doing alot i get tingling headaches, my eye feels stiff and my ear usually on the affected side and i feel disoriented and foggy. I also get real tired and feel terrible. Does anyone else get this particularly after eating or sometimes after doing stuff standing up etc?

Edited by MightyMouse
fixed title of thread

This is quite a common occurrence in people suffering with POTS. I know I've seen this thread a couple of times on this site...You may want to look it up.

Jana

Search for: post pranial hypotension. Many of us have modified our eating habits toward many 'mini-meals' throughout the day, rather than three full meals.

For me, I tend to have less ability to digest without post-pranial problems in the early morning through late afternoon. Iin contrast, I can often eat a larger meal at night -- though I always lay down afterwards.

Good luck making some tweaks that work better for you.

When this all began for me back in Dec. I had it really bad! I would take 2 bites of food and I would begin to shake and my heart would start racing. I would feel very dizzy and my vision would tweek out...I got to a point where I avoided eating! I have found lately it doesnt happen as much or as bad as it used to! All the doctors I went and saw just looked at me like I was crazy when I told them this symptom! :-)

I have this every day. It is worst in the morning. For breakfast I eat the high protein, low carb Special K or an egg. Anything that is high protein and low carb works best.

By evening I can handle a bigger meal with more carbs, but I still have to be careful. Sugar always makes it worse.

I find that simple carbs are the worst for me - if I eat something like a sandwich or a cake I will have bad POTS symptoms afterwards. I try to stick to protein and vegetables, the carbs in vegetables seem to be much easier on my system, fruit has too much sugar. Avocado has become one of my favourite foods as it needs no preparation, is easy to eat and digest, gives me energy and doesn't trigger a POTS flare.

Flop