Does Anyone Get Headaches From Anything?

Hi,

I have an almost constant headache and everything seems to make it worse... I don't know what to blame it on - eating, bowel movements, standing, etc. I wish I could offer something to help, but I can tell you that I understand!

~ Broken_Shell :rolleyes:

I don't get the headaches that often, but when I do they are almost always caused by a muscle in my neck that is acting up.

I do have throat issues like you do. I was going to respond to an earlier post you had written, but I will just tell you that on this post. :)

My throat tightness is one of the worst symptoms that I have. Sometimes it feels like I'm being choked by somebody and I have trouble breathing when this happens. I have several sore spots under my chin that hurt when I push on them. I definately think these sore spots are what's causing the pain/tightness. I also have trouble swallowing liquids. I have been to a ENT & neuro and they can't tell me what is going on even after multiple tests. Have you seen any doctors for your throat issues?

If you would like you can PM me for more info. Also you can look at some of my old posts about my throat issues to see if they are similar to yours.

Just wondering-do your headaches go away after you lie down??

Hang in there!

Babette

I've had a headache for literally over 10 years. Usually I can funtion through it, but advil helps. I noticed in at first that when the headache got worse, lying down helped immediately. Now, I have headaches on waking most days. I've had a sleep study as apnea causes morning headaches, and I don't have apnea. I now believe the morning headaches are due to dehydration. Lately I've been drinking 4 liters a day instead of 3 liters and there's been some improvement. Still, I have the constant headache, neck and upper back ache. They are all from orthostatic intolerance and blood pooling. Headaches after I eat are from blood pooling in my stomach. Advil helps for the neck aches sometimes.

I don't get the headaches that often, but when I do they are almost always caused by a muscle in my neck that is acting up.

I do have throat issues like you do. I was going to respond to an earlier post you had written, but I will just tell you that on this post. :)

My throat tightness is one of the worst symptoms that I have. Sometimes it feels like I'm being choked by somebody and I have trouble breathing when this happens. I have several sore spots under my chin that hurt when I push on them. I definately think these sore spots are what's causing the pain/tightness. I also have trouble swallowing liquids. I have been to a ENT & neuro and they can't tell me what is going on even after multiple tests. Have you seen any doctors for your throat issues?

If you would like you can PM me for more info. Also you can look at some of my old posts about my throat issues to see if they are similar to yours.

Just wondering-do your headaches go away after you lie down??

Hang in there!

Babette

i hate throat problem the most too! It seems to be worse with liquid doesn't it? Does your throat feel irritated inside too like itchy and have mucuos? I also have sore spots to the touch sometimes on the outside if pressure is applied. Lately last few days it has accompanied the coughing almost feels as if it went into my windpipe!

I've had a constant headache for at least three years. It can approach migraine intensity at times. Klonopin and Lyrica have been the only things that help. Bending over, coughing, exercise, sex, bright light, emotional or intellectual exertion...

I also have what is called a "slow" esophagus. It does not move as quickly in the upper and lower portion like it should. Sometimes, it just kind-of stops. I can't "chug" beverages like everyone else. It was discovered by having a manometry before reflux/gallbladder surgery.

I go through cycles with bad headaches/migraines. When I'm in a migraine 'cycle', I usually have them daily for weeks on end. Then they'll disappear for about the same amount of time. When I'm in my bad 'cycle', the only thing that helps me is Darvocet or Percocet. That, and lying down in a cool, dark room for a couple of hours to let the meds work. I've tried shots at my PCP's for the migraines, but they don't seem to work.

Hope you feel better soon!

Jana