Treatments That Work For You

I think it would be a good idea to start a thread where everyone posts what works / has worked for them from herbs/medication/exercise and so on. Then we could possibly sticky this so everyone knew here or even old here can easily find options that have worked for others.

The only thing so far i have noticed to possibly help me has been sodium and water.

I have been drinking 2 bouillon cubs in 16 oz of water to deliver almost 2g of sodium at once seems to help a bit maybe.

The problem with POTS is that some patients might have a cause that is the opposite of another. As an example on this website it states that patients should cautious when eating nitrates-rich foods like onions, garlic and ginseng.

However, for a small select group of POTS patients with sympathetic excess, these may be beneficial by increasing endothelial nitric oxide levels and thus reducing excessive vasoconstriction.

For me the only things that have helped are licorice extract and butchers broom.

I eat mandarins and oranges all day for energy and a totally unproven theory that this will somehow boost nitric oxide levels.

Medications have been less helpful for me thus far. beta blockers are great but they can make me even dizzier. Alpha agonists resulted in considerable side effects.

There are massive studies right now on new medications for POTS based on better understandings of the patho-physiology that will hopefully afford dramatic improvements to patients.

I have a love/hate relationship with my support hose and my atenolol. I know they are both extremely helpful but the hose are too hot and restricting and the atenolol causes a little too much bradycardia and fatigue. If my POTS ever resolves I those are 2 things I depend on right now that I would be happy to do without!!

Brye