Having A Bad Episode Today

Nauthiz

Today i got destroyed pretty much. I woke up and walking to the kitchen i had chest pain like someone punched me in the sternum. It kept getting worse til i had shortness of breath so i had to sit. After eating breakfeast i was gone and i was ok again. Later in the day i had a snack after lunch and noticed my whole face felt HOT. Then the left side of my head felt pressure and my eye hurt and my neck was super stiff. It still feels that way with some chest and abdominal pain. No idea why, only thing different about today was before i slept a extended period of 12 hours trying to fix my sleep/awake schedule back to normal.

I think i am going ot try getting more salt and water, how much salt do you guys recommend? I really need to do something to help myself feel better.

Today I am terrible too. Quite strange because I was relatively fine yesterday and all of the last two weeks. I woke up at 3am with a pounding heart, went back to sleep but noticed that I was having strange dreams. Got up and felt instantly anxious and breathless - checked my BP and HR - 139/90 - 132 HR. The day before I was 159/100 and HR was 90 - how weird is that??

Today I am terrible too. Quite strange because I was relatively fine yesterday and all of the last two weeks. I woke up at 3am with a pounding heart, went back to sleep but noticed that I was having strange dreams. Got up and felt instantly anxious and breathless - checked my BP and HR - 139/90 - 132 HR. The day before I was 159/100 and HR was 90 - how weird is that??

It ***** how things can strangely go terrible quickly. Do you take salt? im tryign to figure out how much to take. I usually eat a burger everyday from mcdonalds because i am very underweight, that has a about a gram of sodium.

My doc at Mayo recommended 5-7 GRAMS of salt a day. That's a helluva lot of salt! I know I've said it before, but Rold Gold pretzels have tons of salt, as does bouillon (yuck) and other soups. You can also buy buffered salt tabs that won't bother your stomach, but you'd have to take a ton of them to meet your needs. So, I do a combination of food and salt tabs, and I still only get about 3 grams a day. And keep up with the water!

Cheers,

Jana

My doc at Mayo recommended 5-7 GRAMS of salt a day. That's a helluva lot of salt! I know I've said it before, but Rold Gold pretzels have tons of salt, as does bouillon (yuck) and other soups. You can also buy buffered salt tabs that won't bother your stomach, but you'd have to take a ton of them to meet your needs. So, I do a combination of food and salt tabs, and I still only get about 3 grams a day. And keep up with the water!

Cheers,

Jana

awesome i will try to aim for that much salt! i wasn't sure what to aim for previously.