Has Anyone Seen Dr. Grubb?

I have an appointment with Dr. Grubb (sooo excited) and wanted to know what I should expect. Since I am coming from NJ will he do tests at his office or send me home to get any test done? I just want to be prepared for when I see him. Any helpful information would greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Stephanie

hey steph, I'm in the process of being referred to him as well. I can't get my appointment though until they receive my records from my referring doctor.

I did however talk to the appointment scheduler and she said the first appointment is just a consultation. I hope that's not the case as I really don't want to have to fly there twice.

When's your appointment?

I went to Dr. G for a second opinion on my diagnosis back in 2001 and learned a great deal. I went for a follow up 2 years later. FYI, I also live in NJ--long drive! We stayed at the hotel right on the same street as the hospital, and got a discounted rate as a patient (mention when calling that you're a patient). The 2nd time, we stayed with friends, so that helped.

He doesn't typically order tests for patients coming from a distance--rather, he and his team will do an extensive history and examine you in the office and take it from there. He's also be available to my local doctors for opinions on meds and has given them some direction when they've not be sure what do do next.

Nina

hey steph, I'm in the process of being referred to him as well. I can't get my appointment though until they receive my records from my referring doctor.

I did however talk to the appointment scheduler and she said the first appointment is just a consultation. I hope that's not the case as I really don't want to have to fly there twice.

When's your appointment?

My appointment is acutally on Friday. I am driving from New Jersey so I am leaving Thursday. My husband kept following up with the office and by some miracle I got an appointment fairly quickly. I will update you on everything as soon as I get back. Good luck with getting your appointment.

I went to Dr. G for a second opinion on my diagnosis back in 2001 and learned a great deal. I went for a follow up 2 years later. FYI, I also live in NJ--long drive! We stayed at the hotel right on the same street as the hospital, and got a discounted rate as a patient (mention when calling that you're a patient). The 2nd time, we stayed with friends, so that helped.

He doesn't typically order tests for patients coming from a distance--rather, he and his team will do an extensive history and examine you in the office and take it from there. He's also be available to my local doctors for opinions on meds and has given them some direction when they've not be sure what do do next.

Nina

Hi Nina, thanks for the information. My appointment is actually on Friday and we are staying at the hilton down the street. They did give us the discount!! Did Dr. G seem to help you. I have so many questions for him and I am praying that he can help. I have a unique situation, my husband is a quadriplegic and we have a three year old son. I am pretty much in a wheelchair myself these days. I just want to get my life back not just for me but for my husband and son as well. I will let you know how it goes. thanks again for the information. take care,

Stephanie

steph -

congrats on the quick appointment. i know that you realize it's unusual to get one that quickly, but as someone who has been around for many years - in dr. grubb's office as well as on this forum (and others) - i can only reiterate how truly amazing it is. i actually live within minutes of dr. g's office and have been his patient for almost a dozen years now. b/c of my own health situation i can't offer much help physically but if i can help in any way i am happy to do so. feel free to send me a PM (which always goes for anyone else travelling to see dr. g as well!).

if we don't touch base before your trip & appointment i wish you all the best. as long as you don't go into things expecting a miracle cure you will be sure to find a advocate for your improved health.

hang in there,

B) melissa

I am so excited for you! This kind of life we live is so frustrating. Please let us know all about your experience. My appointment with him is July 22 at 10:00 and my daughter will see him at 11:30. I wonder if anybody on this sight will be there. :rolleyes:

Have a good trip,

Mary