Brain Fog Sos!!!

I can't think straight. I'm losing track of everytbing in my mind. I can't focus on anything - this is such a chore to write this down right now. It's taken me so long and I don't know what to do. I can't even think what am I supposed to do? It's soooo badd. I need help. Please give suggestions!!!!!!!!! It's soooo bad. I feel awful....what will fix this? I can't do anythin g right now Im just up and nothing I can do.

Edited by Sunfish

I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. Have you tried drinking some water, and going in a dark room without noise? That helps me a lot. Sometimes just a short nap will help to. I hope you feel better soon.

Suzy

Shimoda,

Take a deep breath and try to calm down. I have these same things happen to me, too, and I deal with them by making sure I keep lists of everything I have to do, errands to run, daily chores around the house, everything. Make as many lists as you need. Use them during these time periods. Know that you're not alone.

I wish you peace and positive energy,

jana

So sorry! People don't realize how incapacitating it is to not be able to think until they can't do it anymore! I think making lists is a great idea. I always try to put things in the same spot too (keys, wallet) and if I'm really bad I try to not drive myself if I've got someone to help me. Other helps include trying not to get frustrated as that just consumes precious energy, and do everything else you do to try to get your regular symptoms under control. I hope the fog lifts soon!

Thank you everyone. Im still a 17 yr old so my schedule is too constantly changing to write down in advance. The big stuff however, i should start writing down.

However, its more the lack of awareness - I seem so out of it that I seem entirely detached from myself at times - like im just a bystander besides myself. Thats how heavy its been getting lately. Its hard to explain...I seem entirely unfocused and dazed and its unbearable. I wish I could go in the dark but the visual static disturbances are so heavy in the dark I could majorly syncopy and even more ill. And theres always too much noise and stress, which just amplifies the symptoms. Oh well.

Thanks again for the advice guys.

BTW, Alcohol could be an option, for some reason I did feel a lot better on it. Havent done it much tho cause of constant medication overload.

It all sounds familiar when i am really bad. When its really bad small amounts of alcohol help me, but make many worse. But when i feel better, alcohol doesnt always help and can bring it on.

Hopefully it will improve with time. Just try and be patient.

I myself overdid things today so im expecting another 4-6 days of POTS holes and it can be pretty frustrating.

So Sorry that you are going through this. It's so hard in the middle of the night when everyone else is asleep and you can't think straight and there's no one to turn to. I hope this morning finds you better. Sometimes I can't remember what I said or did two mins ago. Scares me too!

Not being able to focus is horrible. And the feeling of detachment is the worst. It's like you're not in control of your thoughts or body.

I hope you were able to get some sleep. Perhaps you were overtired? That can cause alot of the brain fog.

Hang in there, we're rooting for you!

Rene

oh, don't you hate it when your kids say you just told me that or you asked me that ? i feel like i'm trapped in someone else's older body. someone please set me free! i wonder if that is why I've struggled with so much sleep paralysis? I wonder if it is fighting to break out of this body of mine?

wonder how many others of you get this when you do get some sleep at all?

this morning the fog was so bad i thought i been knocked out, which makes me wonder am i passing out in my sleep. my waking pressure is 85/60 standing. in the night i have waking dreams and can't remember much, usually I'm starved. find bowls around my bed, i forget to eat all the time in the day, I'd rather drink and take shakes.

"One extends one's limits only by exceeding them."

by scott peck m.d. the road less traveled pg. 83

blessings and love~

bellamia