Lack Of Sweating

Guest elyag

Guest elyag

I used to be able to work up a healthy sweat. Last year I noticed I didn't sweat anymore except for under my arms. Up until about a month ago that was still the case. Now I don't sweat at all.

Does the inability to sweat mean my dysautonomia is getting worse?

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you have developed a new symptom. Losing the ability to sweat was one of the first symptoms I experienced after developing dysautonomia. I used to be involved in a dance group that performed outside in the summer heat. I would always sweat during these performances and at other appropriate times. My loss of sweating occurred abruptly rather than gradually, and I do not sweat at all in response to heat now. I am unable to tolerate being in the warmth or the sun, and I take ice packs and cool wash cloths with me when I go outside during the summer. While I have not recovered any of my ability to sweat in the last seven years, I know that our symptoms can vary from day to day and come and go for no rhyme or reason. Therefore, I hope that your loss of sweating will only be temporary. I don't know if it means that your dysautonomia has gotten worse or just changed. How long have you had this condition? Have you developed any other new symptoms since developing dysautonomia, or has your condition otherwise been relatively ?stable?? I wish you the best.

~ Broken_Shell

Guest elyag
Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you have developed a new symptom. Losing the ability to sweat was one of the first symptoms I experienced after developing dysautonomia. I used to be involved in a dance group that performed outside in the summer heat. I would always sweat during these performances and at other appropriate times. My loss of sweating occurred abruptly rather than gradually, and I do not sweat at all in response to heat now. I am unable to tolerate being in the warmth or the sun, and I take ice packs and cool wash cloths with me when I go outside during the summer. While I have not recovered any of my ability to sweat in the last seven years, I know that our symptoms can vary from day to day and come and go for no rhyme or reason. Therefore, I hope that your loss of sweating will only be temporary. I don't know if it means that your dysautonomia has gotten worse or just changed. How long have you had this condition? Have you developed any other new symptoms since developing dysautonomia, or has your condition otherwise been relatively ?stable?? I wish you the best.

~ Broken_Shell

Thanks for your reply, Broken Shell. I'm sorry you're having the same problem as well. I've had dysautonomia for at least 10 years so my inability to sweat is a fairly new symptom. When I went to Mayo in 2003, I was able to bypass the sweat test because at the time I had no problems sweating. Last summer I noticed I stopped sweating on my body and face and a few weeks ago I stopped under my arms as well. As you know, it's such an odd sensation to feel really warm or hot and not to break out in a sweat.

I guess it'll be interesting trying to avoid over heating as the weather gets warmer. I used those cold neck wraps last summer which seemd to help.

I am wondering the same.

I have sweated very little all my life..but lately do not at all.

I also am noticing the SUN/HEAT make me sick instantly.

I have every kind of shade device on my car windows as I work and trave with my job.

In last few years..the sun coming in through my car window feels like pins/needles on my arms.

Now I feel SICK when the sun comes into my car windows.

I give up...LOL

Jan

I get the same sick feeling whenever I get in to a really hot car. It's hard to avoid - here in Tucson we're already up to a 100 degrees. Thank God both my car and home are air conditioned!

Jana