Just Wanted To Share...

Hi.

Had a very bad night...it is HOT here in Florida. I felt awful and slept on the floor...thinkning about going to the hospital...but I get thru it....you all have been in simiar situations.

But my 10 year old son woke up with a high fever this am (i am a single mom) then I walked into the coffee table and broke my toe. Haven't gone to dr for this yet but it is swollen and looks dislocated. SO my boyfriend who is very supportive says "wow...you have so much this morning...are you in terrible pain?" I said acctually the toe is NOTHING compared to the daily suffering I can go thru with the POTS. He was amazed. I don't think even he can understand how awful I feel many many times as it is not visable as a disloated toe.......

Thought you might appreciate this. We are a brave bunch!

Erika

WOw, sorry you had such a horrible night. Looks like an AC would help??

Some of the hardest moments for me have been when I am having a flare-up and my family is also sick and in need of care. Of course, being the mommy, I have to put my own health issues aside and do whatever my child needs. Ironically, those memories are very valuable to me...because it's like, "If I can do that, this disease just can't stop me."

Good luck with your son, toe, flare-up, and cooling down your house!

Oh, and yes, it's true that they just cannot understand no matter how sympathetic and caring they may be...it's just one of those "never been there" kinds of things for most people. But it's nice when they try to empathize.

I have to admit, my gall stones have not been a barrel of laughs, but I have broken every toe, but one. My friend said they couldn't be broken, because she broke hers and it was so painful she couldn't walk for a long time. I ended up getting an x ray for one and it was a terrible break and I was walking around all over the place. I told her the same thing. Live with all this other stuff and a toe is nothing.....morgan

I can so relate, I need surgery, my son has a horrible infection in his toe and he's on Humira, YIKES, and Dave the hubs, had to get a shot in his elbow for bursitis. Oh what a life.....morgan

My boyfriend and I were talking about POTS this past weekend (even though we talk about it all of the time) and that is exactly what I said, the confusing part is that I look normal to most people....my family at home can see the worst part, but on the outside I look fine. Some days I can get up and get dressed, fix my hair, put make up on....some days I cant. Looks can be deceiving.

This is much worse than any broken toes (I too have had 5 broken) because with that I could take a pill and make that pain manageable, with this, Im on my 5th med and it still doesn't seem to be working :(

This happened to me a few years ago when I got up on a Thanksgiving morning to go to the bathroom, blacked/greyed-out and broke my elbow. I knew I broke it, but went back to bed and slept a few hours before getting up and going to the ER. When I went, the doctor on call kept apologizing for not feeling comfortable giving me a prescription for strong pain meds. I was also in the midst of a major cluster headache cycle and just about every other symptom I've had was really acting up. To this day, I barely remember anything other than the minor aggravation from having that broken elbow. I didn't notice the pain at all.