Gi Problems

Well i have not been on in awhile because my mom has been in and out of the hospital because she was just diagnosed with Crohns (she also has colitis). My question is what are the normal GI problems most of you experience? I have always had D constantly, but now its turning into stabbing pains and also had some blood in my stool :) im pretty sure its not going to be a good outcome and i have an appointment with a gastro to do a colonosope. i am really hoping that i do not have either, but its really genetic and my uncle has both of those problems too. IBS pills do nothing for me, and now its getting to the point where i go running to the bathroom about 8 to 10 times per day. Im so frustrated....

i guess i am just asking if this sounds normal to any of you?

Dani,

Most everyone on the site has GI problems, but bleeding is pretty classic for Inflammatory bowel disease. They can do a lot more for it now than they used to be able to. My son, Jake (27) has it too, related to his arthritis, he takes asacol and it keeps under pretty good control. He's on Humira for his arthritis but it also helps the gut.

I'm sorry to hear you are having these problems, but the earlier you get them addressed, the easier to treat as a rule. Good luck sweetie. morgan

Hi Dani,

I agree that bleeding sounds like an inflammatory bowel condition, so I am glad that you are set up for a colonoscopy. I have had a lot of autonomic bowel problems and autonomic symptoms (outside the GI system) related to GI activities. For years I had severe constipation and had to give myself large volume enemas several times a week, then in the past year I have had about 18 episodes of increased bowel frequency and nausea associated with a huge increase in my other autonomic symptoms.

Good luck and let us know how things turn out. Not that you want to have Crohn's, but it would be great if one of your symptoms would be a more treatable condition and you could start to feel at least a little better!

~ Broken_Shell :)