For Those Trying To Gian Weight I Have Put On Aprox 10lbs In 1 1/2 Weeks

Nauthiz

Topic says it all, im gonna post what i did here to gain the weight.

Foods: I ate alot of high calorie foods, this did include some fast food, don't be afraid of it, i added mcdonalds apple pies to my diet each morning. 2 apple pies from mcdonalds = 500 calories and 1 dollar and easy to eat not alot of food. Contains high amount of vitamin C and nothing to horrible thats gonna make you turn fat etc. I also take 4 tablespoons of flax oil a day, 480 calories ridiculously easy to get down, its a tablespoon serving size! I also ate high calorie bread from bashas and fruit boxes with every time i ate, 4-5 times a day. Here is a sample of my diet to gain weight.

breakfeast 2 mcdonalds apple pies

1 juice box

2 oz almonds

aprox 900 calories

Meal 2

2-3 slices of deli bread

2 table spoons flax oil

applesauce/fruit

Juice box

aprox 700 calories with crusty style bread

meal 3 dinner

Misc foods usually around 500 calories

Meal 4 same as meal 1 (i order 4 in the morning save 2 for later)

Protein shake (this meal is after exercise)

almonds or fruits

cheese etc

aprox 700-900 calories

Meal 5 same as meal 2

total

Can be anywhere from 2500-3500 daily in calories

Now this may not be ideal, but if you want to gain weight you gotta go to certain levels. I have been exercising as much as i can to ensure muscle growth. I usually work out 30 mins or so every other day depending on my symptoms. Exercising includes push ups/ pull ups/ squats etc, no weights used just my own body and olympic gym rings.

I hope this helps those trying to gain weight or gives you some new ideas. If you can't gain weight, the answer is your simply not eating enough. (I have the natural skinny fast metabolism body as well)

for those interested my symptoms =

Tachycardia, mostly random, shortness of breath

Chest pain, also worsens exercising

Headaches, confusion, light sensitivity

IBS, GERD, Prostatitis(urinary)

My weight gain protocal isn't anything like yours. Mine consists of falling off a chair, breaking a shoulder and 3 ribs on my dominant side of course, then being pretty helpless for several weeks, and pretty completely inactive. I gained over 20 pounds from that and have never gotten back to my baseline activity level, which was not much to begin with.

I could manage one squat and then hubs would be lifting me off the floor and I don't think that counts. :o

Keep it up as long as you can! It's great that you can exercise as much as you do. morgan

Guest elyag

I'm glad you found a way to put on the weight and that you found a diet plan that works for you.

Here's the thing. For some of us, just eating more because we're not eating enough is not as easy as it sounds. Speaking for myself, I have IBS and can't tolerate high fat foods, chocolate nuts etc.... Plus, I often experience nausea and a poor appetite so just cramming lots of high fat food down my throat isn't going to work.

Like you, I'm also trying to build more muscle. I've gone back to doing my pushups and squats as well as some other things. Hopefully that little extra muscle will add up to extra pounds.

Glad you found something that works! I am one who has the opposite problem of needing to weigh less than I do...

I eat a lot of almonds, some cheese, small amounts of fruit (applesauce etc) like you mentioned. I have to watch the reactive hypoglycemia too. I wonder if part of why the carbs work well for you is that you are male? And are you younger too?

I also don't know how you are doing that kind of exercise??? :) Even on my best day I would not be able to do anything similiar. :blink:

I think it's the Flax Seed that's doing it... I took Flax Seed oil capsules daily, and ate ground flax seed on cereal and ice-cream, for only about 3 weeks and EVERYONE who saw me said I became fat (well, mostly they put it nicer than that, "You gained weight," "You filled out," "You don't look like a skeleton anymore, good job"). But I don't want to lose control over my weight either...so now that I look normal weight, I stopped the Flax Seed, and the pounds have not gone up since dropping Flax Seed from my diet.