Flax Oil?

Nauthiz

Does anyone here take flax seed oil? I started the other day taking 1tablespoon a day straight it seems to improve my mood and concentration a bit.. 1 tablespoon on my bottle is 500% of omega 3. Im thinking of taking 2-3 a day. When i used to bodybuild i took anyhwere up to 5 tablespoons a day and i was in my best health then. (not to mention best skin and 120 calories per tablespoon)

I also used to use it. But like EM I had a bottle that went rancid...hard to take once youve takin it rancid! But I think I will go get more too...I also read somewhere that if you take it with cottage cheese there are more health benefits, and something about fighting cancer?? There was also something else you can mix it with if you can't have dairy. I can't remember why it said that, but I will see if I can find the article. (I think I read too much! :) ) Thanks for mentioning it...gotta put it on my list!

Suzy

I use to take flax regularly, but stopped several months back when I got a couple of rancid bottles. I forgot about it completely it seems. How ironic. I do think it helps ... (EM's making mental note ... buy more flax seed oil!)

Thanks for the reminder!!!

Are you talking about straight oil? Does it smell bad? I have only purchased flax oil gelatenous-looking capsules from GNC. I keep them in the refrigerator, though I don't think I need to.

Mmmm. I use to put it over plain yogurt with fresh sliced papaya (wonderful for stomach issues). Yeah, I need to get some again.

Im taking it like medicine basically lol. I take 1 tablespoon straight with each meal. I am trying to gain weight so i am eating 5 meals a day.... so 5 tablespoons(600 calories) of flax oil, probably seems like a lot but sure ads calories and some **** good omega 3's. Hopefully it will slowly start to obliterate any inflammation i might have. Im trying to get in 3000 calories a day but its not easy thats for sure.

MMMM....now that sounds like some medicine I can take! Thanks for the idea! :)

Mmmm. I use to put it over plain yogurt with fresh sliced papaya (wonderful for stomach issues). Yeah, I need to get some again.

My parents are nuts about Flax Seed. They have it ground, and put it in their cereal and oatmeal. I bought the GNC Flax Seed Oil capsules, and tried it for a few weeks or so...but IT MADE ME FAT!!! Really....I never was so pudgy in my life, even when pregnant! I'm still trying to shape back to my normal body.

I had been taking flax seed oil, for many years without any problems. A year ago I started to have abnormal vaginal bleeding due to the fact that my vital signs were so unstable by medical team decided to buy time and put me on hormones, and eventually did a deep D&C. I was in no condition to have a major medical procedure to remove my uterus. But at that time, I found out that flax seed contains estrogen. My doctor was trying to figure out how I could've become estrogen dominance. I depended on flax seed oil, which I took in the tablet, for my for dry eye, mouth, lips. You named it was dry. The hormones were playing havoc with my pots and put me in the hospital twice over the summer.

I also found many of my caretakers did not know this piece of information about flaxseed. My rheumatologist, who put me on this did not know this. My primary care was convinced that a cause tachycardia, but my cardiologist never heard this. I was relieved as I really needed to have the flax seed oil as being so sensitive to so many different things. I couldn't take fish oil. It was relieved to take flaxseed caplets. I just got the okay last week to take one tablet in the morning and one at night, although I do think my dysregulation of body temperature combined with menopause gets worse taking them. I wondered if anyone else noticed this or if it was just me? :rolleyes:

I think it's really important that we educate ourselves an also educate our doctors as well. I feel blessed that my caretakers have always been open to anything new that I find, and send to them. You always want them passed on to them before starting anything new.

I wondered myself, for men who take flax seed, is it healthy for them to take estrogen all the time and how much? Does anybody know if this answer?

There's also a difference between taking the seeds and the oils, so it's good to read up on them and anything extra we take. :) I think my foggy brain has figured out how to post so hello all.