For Ruekat And Others Who Are Losing Too Much Weight

Guest elyag

Gayle

For you and others, though some test negative for blood work for Celiac, it is supposed to be "pretty accurate" but not as much as a biopsy.

AND some folks have found adhering to GLUTEN FREE diet does help IBS and appetite.

The thing being wheat intolerance but not necessarily Celiac....things don't agree with you.

I don't get IBS but get BELLY ACHES after "nutritional whole wheat pasta, breads or English muffins". so twice in last couple years tried Gluten free diet..after a couple months I Figured out simple bathroom habits were changing due to hormones once a month, and the GF did NOT help with fatiuge and pain joint issues (especially hands)

PLUS it's so freaking DIFFICULT for me to spend ANY time in kitchen these days, let along DAILY figuring out how to eat pure GF.

However if I had constant IBS issues, I would try GF for a good 6 weeks or 2 months. If no changes then give it up.

I have read of some folks testing negative for Celiac but STILL doing better or feeling better when they eliminated wheat.

I do ok as long as I eat white bread for sandwiches or pizza. Also I avoid wheat cereals as even Cheerios adds "Wheat extract". so though not Celiac or really wheat intolerant, if you try to concentrate extracts I get stomach ache.

Also YEARS ago I tried vegan diet eating "wheat based" meat substitutes which is VERY concentrated Gluten..gave me bellyaches but not severe as say, soy products which caused cramping and other issues..and another reason I "thought" A GF diet might benefit me but it does not.

i have had a huge problem with eating since i go sick (the last year) i have lost 20 pounds (im at 110 pounds now)

i have started Florinef 3 weeks ago, 0.1 dose. my eating has dramatically improved over the last week. previously i had no appetite and would force as much food as i could down, as my stomach always felt as it was pushing it back up. i would also have the full feeling. the smell and sight of food would set my stomach off and it would feel like concrete.

over the last week amazingly i have been eating 3 full meals a day without feeling full and no longer does it feel like my body is fighting against food. i even have a tiny appetite which im hoping will get better too!

i really hope this isnt temporary. i just wanted to share my improvment due to florinef just incase any of you havent tried it. it certainly would be worth a shot! i will keep you guys posted.

fingers crossed this will last! (and excuse my spelling, im at my parent and this comp doenst seem to have spell check!)

See i get worried because colidice (sorry if i spelt that wrong) runs in my family. Both my mother and my uncle have had their colons removed and their digestive tracts re routed. I have tried IBS pills and they do not do a thing for me.. I have chronic D and usually go to the bathroom every couple hours. Sorry if TMI!

firewoman-

please take a deep breath & a step back & see that my post was NOT in any way intended as any sort of affront to you &/or your post or comments. not at all. there was no part of it negating any of what you wrote. if anything it was only meant to provide some added detail/ info (the portion re: gallbladder testing that is) b/c - as someone who has been on the forum for years - i have seen & heard the issue come up many times...both on the forum & by way of PMs & emails that people have sent to me personally. i did not say ANYthing and certainly did not in any way mean to imply anything to denegrate anything you wrote in your post. not at all. my post was meant to be read on its own....not as anything negative against anyone else's, yours included. your input on the forum - in this post/ thread & elsewhere - is as valuable as anyone else's & if you hadn't mentioned it i might have failed to even add the gallbladder possibility to my own list b/c none of us can remember everything that's relevant all of the time. i was in no way trying to comment on or imply that YOU didn't understand/ know about the ins & outs of gallbladder testing but simply was trying to pre-empt potential confusion for others who might not already be as acquainted with it &/or informed about it as you already are. b/c i've seen it (meaning misunderstanding &/or confusion) happen more times than i can count i simply was offering extra detail/ explanation BEFORE folks asked/ questioned rather than waiting until after-the-fact. (b/c i actually had already received one PM related to this thread wherein one individual was asking me to explain the percentages involved in G.B. testing.) hope this clarifies a bit.

cheers...and don't ever stop posting,

:blink: melissa

ok, sunfish. it just seemed as if you were telling me specificallly that that was a normal e.f. which i knew. i brought it up more for the fact that other than the weight loss, no one had a clue why the weight loss. and knowing that you are correct most are found on routine ultrasounds, mine was not for a routine, doc knew he would find something (stones) but instead found polyps (tumors, lesions).

you are correct in the fact that i should have probably mentioned that i was a symptomatic patient not asymptomatic.

but thanks for saying that to me, and sorry you had to deal w/ the pm's. didn;t want everyone to run out and have it checked or get worried. but i can see how that would happen and don't want to make it harder for you.

i am a big girl and can give an apology as much as i can except one. sorry :mellow:

i tend to be very passionate and sometimes i can go overboard. but hey that

s who i am. love me.

Guest GayleP

Thanks for the info, Melisa and Sophia.

I talked to my PCP today and she wants me to have an abdominal ultra sound to rule out problems with my gallbladder and liver. I have benign cycts on my liver that can cause problems although she said it's rare. I've also been having some off and on pain under my breast bone and rib cage on my right side and nausea.

She keeps insisting all I need to do is "eat more" which is easier said than done. It's hard to eat on the days when I have no appetite or when I feel nauseous. I try to make up for it on the days when my appetite is good.

LOL, there's not too much sympathy out there for those of us who have trouble gaining weight. What people including doctors don't get is that it's not as simple as going to McDonalds and chowing down a big Mac and fries every day. If that were the case none of us would be having this problem.

And BTW...I've even been asked if I have an eating disorder. :mellow: