Inflamation of blood vessels

blackwolf

i think i have another bout of inflammed blood vessesl again. this time it is in my neck. boy, I went to the doctors office and they think it is probably viral, tranlation "we don't know, go away". they sent me on my way with some pain killers and said call if it gets worse. everything seems to be getting worse, my hr and bp are shot, both going from one exterm to another. i know i wrote earlier about "crashing" but this is nuts, even for me. brain fog is way out of bounds and i can't eat again. i have to go to bed again, i just can't function, much less type or spell.

good nite all.

Blackwolf

BlackWolfl

What is blood vessel inflammation exactly and what types of symptoms does it cause? I have a horrible pain in my neck that shoots up the back of my head on the right. I can't figure out if it's vascular, or pinched nerves or what. <_<

Dear Gena, basically, it is an "inflammed tissue lining of the blood vessel".

It can be very painful, often the area effected becomes red and hot to the touch, and painful to touch. Unlike celluitius, there is no swelling. Usually, a cource of antibiotics and pain killers as well as a heating pad/warm bath help to releave the pain and eventually it goes away. On rare occasions, it can spread thru out the blood stream and cause secondary infections, mostly in the bowels, brain and nervous system, heart or lungs. The first time I had this I was missdx'd and was in horrible shape (ie. the hospital) before proprer dx. 4 days on antibiotics and antiinflamatories got me home and in bed for a week.

I guess, my questions to your symptoms are;

Does position effect it, any movement make it worse or better? Is it hot to the touch (much warmer than the surrounding area)?

My pain is constant and uneffected by movement and, in the case of my neck, painful to the touch( making it very hard to lay down and rest!!) :P<_<

The doc thinks it may be viral this time as I don't have any major change in my white blood cell count (but on average, mine runs on the "elevated" side anyway).

I've had this befor in both my calf of my right leg and in the shoulder blade and upper shoulder on my left side(the docs thought it was shingles on my shoulder which the treatment they started me on landed me in the hospital).

Any other help than that as to other peoples symptoms I can't give.

I hope you have luck in finding out the problem with your neck and can get the help you deserve.

Blackwolf

• 3 weeks later...

I have been experiencing this sort of inflammation-type feeling in several areas lately -- it lasts few about five or so days at a time, and the first time it happened on the side of my waist, then another on one of my lower legs. This is very strange! It is not swollen, just feels VERY sensitive to touch, and slightly red. Will it go away without antibiotics? I hate to take antibiotics unless absolutely necessary.

I asked my doctor about it, and all he did was shrug.

Amy

Dear Calypso,

Yes, this does go away with time. However, be careful, if it spreads to large areas it may become sepcess(sp?) a dangerous infection that can make you horrible ill. I didn't treat it once and it bounced around for about 4 months before I gave in and went on a round of antibiotics. It cleared up in about 6 days.

Good luck and mabey try a little heat on the area and then something cool for a while. This often helps with the pain and discomfort.

Blackwolf

I don't get inflamation of the vessels, but I do get spasms in my vessels, which can also be pretty painful. I also get the shrug you mention above. Certain things always set it off, like blood draws, iv- lines, a-lines. The arterial spasms hurt like ****! The rest I can tolerate.