I Really Need Some Support

i am having such a bad POTS day. Actually this past week has been horrible. Im pretty sure its related to my boyfriend of 5 years moving to a different state. I have such bad brain fog i almost feel like im dreaming. My nerves are on end. Literally today my cat jumped next to me while i was laying in bed and i thought i had a heart attack. Im so shaky and out of it feeling almost drugged up. This is really disappointing because this is how i was when i first got my POTS and i thought i was getting better. I just have not had a bad day like this in a long time that it really freaks me out that im going to be stuck like this. Do you have any tips for what i could do to calm myself down? I dont have anymore Klonopin so im at a loss of what to do right now. Sorry if i sound so complainy :blink: i just feel so scared right now and my mom has been in the hospital for a month so i dont have her support when i really need it

Dani,

I know how that is. I just a 2 weeks ago went through a very bad week. Sometimes I lost hope and thought I was not going to recover again..... I Did though. This week I was back able to attend school and things seem to be stable again. As I understand you are fairly new too this disorder and it will take time to determine the "New You" it took me almost two full years at first. The best you can do is use all the support that you can. Learn what things help you, and those that make things worse. Unfortunately for us we have to somewhat be our own doctors. I wish you the best, and hope you can start to feel even just a bit better.

Damon

thank you tons.. someday i feel like i can get through it and accept that i have this and other days im just so fed up and frustrated. Im only twenty and i would love to be able to go to a movie again or out to a restaraunt. I just kind of feel like i am missing out on life. I know that some people are way worse off than i am and would love to trade places with me any day but i just feel a lot of resentment towards this. I am almost reaching my two year mark. (i had POTS when i was younger but it was not even close to what it is now and didnt know i had it). i just think its the stress of everything going on.

thank gosh i found this website and all of you that understand :blink:

This is one of the hardest. We all do this.!!! Keep your support system growing. Try sitting upp in a chair,even if you just stare. And I would find someone to talk to. Having your support system fall apart, you need this. Keep in touch here. There is almost always someone here. Like motel 6 we'll keep the light on. M

i am having such a bad POTS day. Actually this past week has been horrible. Im pretty sure its related to my boyfriend of 5 years moving to a different state. I have such bad brain fog i almost feel like im dreaming. My nerves are on end. Literally today my cat jumped next to me while i was laying in bed and i thought i had a heart attack. Im so shaky and out of it feeling almost drugged up. This is really disappointing because this is how i was when i first got my POTS and i thought i was getting better. I just have not had a bad day like this in a long time that it really freaks me out that im going to be stuck like this. Do you have any tips for what i could do to calm myself down? I dont have anymore Klonopin so im at a loss of what to do right now. Sorry if i sound so complainy :blink: i just feel so scared right now and my mom has been in the hospital for a month so i dont have her support when i really need it

Oh Dani, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. My how I can relate. I too am at a bad period in my life. People expect us to just snap out of it. No one knows how it feels to be in a flare. As for your cat, shame on him/her! Just kidding. I know the other day I was doing a meditation cd and was peaceful for once and the phone rang and it took me all day to recover. It's hard calming down when you feel awful. Deep breathing may help. Listening to a calming cd might also. I take klonopin but that doesn't even do the trick. I'm so sorry about your mom. I hope she's doing better.

Just hang in there. Do what's best for you.

Ruekat

Dani, I'm so sorry you are going through this. My heart goes out to you. I've been through some major stressors and I know how that can affect us. As for your cat, I'm sorry! I have two myself. I know the other day I was listening to a meditation cd and was almost asleep and the phone rang. WEll, that did it, I was toast for the day. My heart wouldn't stop pounding.

Perhaps some breathing exercises or some gentle music? I know easier said than done when you feel like you are crawling out of your skin.

I'm so very sorry about your mom. I hope she's doing better now. I too take Klonopin. I can't say that it helps all that much.

People don't understand our condition. You have to do what's right for you. Rest, relax, read, and you are not complaining. We're all in this together.

As I sit here typing, my body is literally shaking. No one gets that. No one gets alot of things. But we all understand you!

Try resting, taking a nap or just watching a fun movie.

Sending you hugs,

Ruekat

i am having such a bad POTS day. Actually this past week has been horrible. Im pretty sure its related to my boyfriend of 5 years moving to a different state. I have such bad brain fog i almost feel like im dreaming. My nerves are on end. Literally today my cat jumped next to me while i was laying in bed and i thought i had a heart attack. Im so shaky and out of it feeling almost drugged up. This is really disappointing because this is how i was when i first got my POTS and i thought i was getting better. I just have not had a bad day like this in a long time that it really freaks me out that im going to be stuck like this. Do you have any tips for what i could do to calm myself down? I dont have anymore Klonopin so im at a loss of what to do right now. Sorry if i sound so complainy :( i just feel so scared right now and my mom has been in the hospital for a month so i dont have her support when i really need it

Dani, I'm so sorry you are going through this. My heart goes out to you. I've been through some major stressors and I know how that can affect us. As for your cat, I'm sorry! I have two myself. I know the other day I was listening to a meditation cd and was almost asleep and the phone rang. WEll, that did it, I was toast for the day. My heart wouldn't stop pounding.

Perhaps some breathing exercises or some gentle music? I know easier said than done when you feel like you are crawling out of your skin.

I'm so very sorry about your mom. I hope she's doing better now. I too take Klonopin. I can't say that it helps all that much.

People don't understand our condition. You have to do what's right for you. Rest, relax, read, and you are not complaining. We're all in this together.

As I sit here typing, my body is literally shaking. No one gets that. No one gets alot of things. But we all understand you!

Try resting, taking a nap or just watching a fun movie.

Sending you hugs,

Ruekat

thank you tons! the support here is amazing :) i know my cat always does that right when i am relaxing! lol. ive noticed that once something shakes me up it takes a whole day for me to finally calm down. thats why i dont talk to my normal family physician because he just believes i have anxiety and depression! i have showed him paperwork and a confirmed TTT and he still does not believe me! lol but he is good in other areas just not dysautonomia. I hope you feel better too! i know how much it ***** when you feel totally out of control by all of this.

*HUGSs*

Dani--Just chiming in with my heartfelt compassion for what you are going through. Although I dont have the condition, I'm here because of my daughter. She was diagnosed at 19 and is now 29. So we have pretty much run the gamut of ups and downs and everything in between. I know from what she tells me that the support of loving family, friends is all important. She has lost all her friends except one kind of part time friend.And since we have a very small family, its pretty much up to me for the support, but I'm available 24-7 for her. Just know that you are among loving, understanding friends here and will always get some long distance hugs(sometimes lots of them). Hoping you feel much better soon.

(((((((((hugs)))))))))

Susan

Dani--Just chiming in with my heartfelt compassion for what you are going through. Although I dont have the condition, I'm here because of my daughter. She was diagnosed at 19 and is now 29. So we have pretty much run the gamut of ups and downs and everything in between. I know from what she tells me that the support of loving family, friends is all important. She has lost all her friends except one kind of part time friend.And since we have a very small family, its pretty much up to me for the support, but I'm available 24-7 for her. Just know that you are among loving, understanding friends here and will always get some long distance hugs(sometimes lots of them). Hoping you feel much better soon.

(((((((((hugs)))))))))

Susan

THank you tons momosfsara!

I know what its like to loose tons of friends because of this. Thankfully i have some good ones that stuck around but most didn't understand and thought i just didnt want to see them. i cant imagine having this for 10 years! I am 20 right now and have had it for a couple years. i really hope your daughter gets better! ill pray for her!

lots of hugs!

!