New Side Effect?

cardiactec

I have been taking beta blockers and some anti-arrhythmic's for about 5 years now and for some reason, the past couple months it seems that when I take them, about 30 mins later, I'm WIPED OUT for the day - fatigued like crazy. I am taking 100 mg's of toprol xl and 100 mg's of flecainide a day. I have never had an issue with horrific fatigue as I do lately with taking these meds.

Anyone else have this problem? I know fatigue generally is a symptom of POTS as well, but wondering specifically if those who are ON beta's get fatigue from taking them or if you are NOT on beta's, you aren't because of the side effects.

I took 10mg of Propranolol once, and was wiped out almost immediately. It took me several hours to get over it. I also felt very depressed, although I wasn't prior to taking it. I didn't have a chance to experiment with it further, because I have a history of severe asthma, and should not have been taking it in the first place.

Guest Sandy Sims

Yep I had a very similar reaction to Bblockers.

Sitting in a chair I took my BP--pulse was 48 BP was 171/151. I got off them.

Might want to check--turns out the symptoms of high BP aren't that much different that the usual ones I get for low BP.

XOXOXO

Sandy

I've been on beta blockers for 18 years now, and never experienced fatigue like that until my POTS crash. In light of this I don't think the fatigue I have had since my POTS crash in 2000 is caused from the beta blockers.

Are you sure you don't have something else going on that could be causing the fatigue other then the usual POTS stuff?

I do know Beta blockers CAN cause fatigue, but for me it was more like a dragging kind of fatigue. I have felt sluggish on them before I got really sick.

If you been on them this long, and not experienced this type of fatigue before, maybe you should put a call into your Doc's office.

I hope this clears up for you soon.

Maxine :0)