Trip To Gi Surgeon

cardiactec

So I went and saw the GI surgeon about the neurstimulator for gastroparesis and the malfunctioning issues it was causing.........the first thing he did was turn the device on again and told me to come back in if it started causing all the weird spasms and pain. within four minutes of him turning it back on, and THIS TIME he had set it at a lower frequency/voltage, my whole left abdominal region started spasming. he said he'd never seen this kind of thing happen with one of these devices and had to turn the device off and get on the phone with medtronic (The company that manufactures these devices). ..............he believes for some reason the device to be short circuiting and creating electrical potentials in parts of my abdominal muscle, causing the twitching and pain.............................so the device was turned off again and i'm now in limbo waiting to hear back from the GI surgeon, after he talks to medtronic, to see what the next step is.............the GI surgeon told me he suspects another surgery most likely is in order to fix the issue. argh.

Oh Angela,

What a nightmare! I hope the thing is malfunctioning so that you can still still hang on to the hope that this will eventually help. I am sending healing prayers your way. You must be losing oodles of weight by now. Hang in there.

Hugs-

Julie