Surgery Tomorrow

cardiactec

So sorry to hear about you being in so much pain Angela...sounds like Dr. C has a lot of explaining to do!! I wanted to tell you that my device does make my whole stomach jump at times and especially in certain positions, it is very disconcerting and uncomfortable. I assume it is because it is "maxed out" in terms of voltage, so I have never brought it up as a concern, perhaps I should since no one has seen the device do such a thing.

I had pain at a "9" for about a week after surgery, but not spasming type pain like yours. Mine was more like when I would move I could feel the device shift in my body...creepy and painful.

I will be praying for pain relief and that the Medtronics company will be able to help you before Dr. C. gets his buns back in town. He is kind of on my poo poo list right now too...I think it has someting to do with the new secretary and him not getting messages. Praying hard for your relief.

Sheridan

hey all,

writing a quick note to let you know that i am out of the hospital and doing a bit better.

sheridan, thanks for writing. i will chat with you via email.

to all here, thanks for the prayers. i ended up thankfully getting the device shut off in the ER which relieved about 3/4 of my pain issues. all in all, it looks like i'll have to have another surgery to readjust/reposition the device since it appears on "CT" to be "too high" in the stomach. argh.

frustrating journey, but i am still believing this will be of help as soon as they can "fine tune" everything..

thanks to you all for your loving support.

ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. so sorry to hear things have been so rough for you but glad that you're at least more comfortable now than you were before the ER visit. keeping you in my thoughts & prayers....

:o melissa

sheridan, good to "see" you!

oh no.

I wonder if the gastric pacemaker for those with some kinds of autonomic issues is just not a good fix?

I hope that you will feel relief already!!!

Please don't try anything new until you get your whole body to calm down again. You sure have been through a lot.

How irresponsible of the doctor! If you do have to go to the hospital, just make him pay the bill. That infuriates me that you had to go through this pain just because he decided to go out of town after your surgery. He should have prepared for the worst. What if you had died from his negligence? Sorry, this isn't a very good response but I do hope you make him understand that this is unacceptable. I hope you get some relief or some kind of compensation for all this. I really hope that the device was just malfunctioning and that somehow it can be fixed so that you didn't go through all this for nothing. I'm very sorry to hear about all of it =(

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rachel and everyone else,

the plan is to meet with the GI surgeon tomorrow morning. I am not sure if he will turn the device back on to give it another trial run or if his plan will be to just skip the latter, go back in for surgery #2 to replace the leads and reposition the leads.

As for how I'm feeling, well, no pain now that the device has been off for a week, but my tummy is sick sick sick - pretty nauseous. ........

I really do believe this device will work for me once they fix it!

Will keep you all posted.

thanks for your continued thought and prayer~!