Another Concussion...

lorrie

I'm not allowed to sleep, so here I am. I was feeling fine today and actually thought I was going to have a symptom free day...then about 3 p.m., I was cooking and bent over to put a ham in the oven. As soon as I bent over, I became flushed and dizzy and felt a sharp pain in my chest. I didn't want to pass out into a hot oven, so I turned to walk into the living room to lay on the sofa and crashed hard into the door frame.

I must have hit full force with the top of my head on the wooden frame because I split the top of my head wide open and was knocked cold. My husband was at work and my daughter called my parents and they came and took me to the hospital. I have 7 stitches in the top of my head and a bad concussion. My head is pounding with pain and all I want to do is sleep. The doctor told my parents to wake me up every 2 hours and make sure I am alright. Well, my husband is following that 2 hour rule to the minute! I got tired of being woke up and just got up.

I'm sick of passing out with so little warning and ending up in the ER. I think this is my 4th concussion. About the 7th time I have had to have stitches...no fun at all in top of the head. I joked that I was going to have to wear my husband's motorcycle helmet when I get up and walk around.

So much for a symptom free day...I should have known better.

I'm so sorry, Lolo. That's only happened to me twice...where I had too little warning to get down myself. But. I've never needed stitches nor had a concussion. I think Ernie's right. A helmet may not be a bad idea. How are you feeling now?

Julie

Lolo--((((((((Big, Gentle, hug)))))))) hope you are feeling better.. So sorry about your injury :) . Sara has had several nasty falls, but no stitches, she mainly gets bruises and bumps and soreness from the fall. She did get a bad sprained ankle recently from a "double fall". She fell, managed to get up and promptly hit the floor again, getting the ankle injury in the bargain. Hope you are feeling mending nicely, and staying upright when you need to be upright. Take care--Susan B)

Lolo,

I'm so sorry to hear about your fall and concussion! Sounds painful and frustrating. I hope you heal quickly. I'm sure not being able to sleep/being woken frequently is frustrating when you need sleep!!

Thanks for sharing about your rough day and I hope your week improves dramatically!!

Take care,

Lisa