Allergies To Meds.

P SUDIK

I have always been sensitive to meds.and allergic to some.Since I have had POTS I have become allergic to 3 antibiotics that I was able to take before. Anyone else have similar experience? Thanks Pat

Guest tearose

Goodness yes.

I too thought of myself as "sensitive" to some medicines but now, wow, it is really bad! Now I must say allergic.

I get hives with some, very hot burning red hands and feet with some, tingling and itchy with others.

It is terrible. Do you think it is related to our ANS being dysfunctional?

tearose

I have always been super sensitive to meds. I need just a tiny dose to get the effect for some and ten times the "normal" dose for others. I thought it was the Ehlers-Danlos that made me like this. Narcotics don't cut pain for me unless they knock me out, same for analgesics, like novicaine at the dentist. Antibiotics and such destroy my stomach before they kill the bacteria and I need just tiny doses of Benadryl or other over the counter stuff to have a significant effect.

Sara

I've had bad reactions-- allergic and other-- to many meds. I think I have a list of 20 plus drugs I can't take. It does seem worse since the ans stuff got worse several years ago. But even when I was younger, I'd regularly get hives from some new med. I think there must be a link. I always have to start with the smallest possible dose.

Yes, I have developed a hypersensitivity to some meds. I never know what will happen next...

Last time I took a med to avoid sickness on a flight I slept for the whole flight... (it was not expected to sleep)... Just as on my last endoscopy with sedation... Slept for a very long time during the test... The doctor was angry because I fell asleep... :blink:

Other reaction have been much worse... :wacko: A shock...

I am more cautious now with whatever prescribed...

Love,

Tessa

I'm really sensitive to most drugs---and then lots of drugs also don't work at all on me. It's hit and miss----no drug seems to work properly on me and it always confuses my doctor. Anesthetics and sedatives usually don't work on me. I get sick on a lot of pain killers, but I don't think I've ever had an allergic reaction.