Endoscopy/colonoscopy

Just wanted to post that I had my endoscopy and colonoscopy done today at Mayo Jacksonville. My pcp had no problem arranging for my admission to the hospital so that I could get IV fluids during the preparation for the colonoscopy and thereafter until my discharge the same afternoon. The GI doctor arranged for an anesthesiologist to be administering the anesthesia due to POTS plus my complete pacer dependency.

For any of you with a colonoscopy on the horizon, you should talk to your pcp about your concerns about fluid loss due to the preparation.

Lois

Wow, glad you had a good experience with something that usually isn't a very good experience- lol. Kudos to compassionate doctors! Thanks for checking in- hope you are doing okay :)

Carmen

Glad you had a good experience with a not so fun procedure. I will definitely ask my daughters gastro about the admitting thing for IV fluids next time Sara has to have the colo-endo stuff done. Shes had 2 colo's done without the benefit of anesthesia(it didnt take effect) They will certainly have to rethink this if she has another one done. Anyway, I'm happy you had a top notch doc on your team........ Susan