MRI

friday

I am no expert for sure, but I do know that when I had my MRI (long before I was diagnosed with POTS) they were mainly looking for MS, seizure activity, tumors, things like that- the autonomic dysfunction did not cause anything to show as abnormal.

Thanks for the replies. I finally got to a neurologist and told him about the symptoms i've had and how i believe it seems like POTS. He was just intertesed in doing an MRI. Not that I'm against it, I want to make sure it's not something else, but i don't know why it's so hard for docotrs to agree to do a simple TTT. Anyway if the MRI is okay I'm going to get more insitant about the TTT. Thanks for the info.

Sue

Hi Sue

I recently started going to neurologist also. He has scheduled quite a few tests for me an MRI/MRA was included. I always bring a tape recorder with me to my doctors appointments now. (See a change in doctors attitudes when you do this also!!) After he gave me scripts for each test I questioned each one of them. The MRI/MRA was to rule out any artery closures that could be contributing to my dizziness as well as any tumors or abnormalities, etc.

Best wishes

Sue