Strange Surges

mkoven

Hi,

I"m hormonally challenged at the moment (I feel like I"m premenstrual now for half the month!). I am regularly getting these strange surges in the pit of my stomach-- not quite the anxious feeling that accompanies presyncope. but almost. It's in my gut and rises to my head. I sometimes feel tingling everywhere with this, a head rush, and like I need to pee? It sort of feels like anxiety, but there's nothing anxiety-producing going on. It feels like a little chemical thunderstorm. I really do not like this. Adrenaline rush?

Does anyone else get these? My bp and pulse are unremarkable, or no more remarkable than usual, except for my slightly larger than usual bp drop when I stand.

Hi I have been getting the same thing like that. My doctor just said i should try zoloft for it to see if maybe i have pmdd with the pots. I didnt try it yet though. I will let you know if it works. Good luck.

I get symptoms like this occasionally. It can be extremely uncomfortable. It's not really a "panic attack" (not sure I have actually ever had a panic attack although was diagnosed with it at one time), but does sort of feel like adrenaline is involved. I get a feeling a brain fog with it as well. I also feel like I have to pee afterwards. Weird!

I am not sure if this is the same but the other night I had a weird time. I was lying down and every LITTLE noise made me jump out of my skin and sent something like an electric shock through my body. I think my adrenaline was in overdrive. Went to sleep and was better after that.

mary

Have you been checked for Addisons Disease. Where they do the cortisol injection and then draw blood several times?

I think that is what I had done. It has been so many years ago. But, I felt like that.

Dawn

Yup, I have to second the itch and scratchy medicine (benedryl) helps with this at times. I haven't figured out how or why... also, Zantac has helped me which I found out accidentally when I had reflex issue at the same time as these rush sensations? Also, if it's really out of control, a tiny amount of xanax or klonopin helps, but never take them at the same time. You'll find something that will help get you through them, just keep on trying different things and you may find that certain 'rushes' and their level of severity are helped with different things at different times. I know for me, with a toddler at home, if I have them during the day, I have to try to use the benedryl or even tylenol, because the other meds make me so sleepy at the same time, I can't function to take care of her - so need to be smart in how you use them. Hope you find something(s) that work to make them more toleratable.

I get those sensations all the time and sometimes they lead to tachycardia (even lying down. Like Mom I usually have to go to the bathroom afterwards and sometimes I get strange sensations in my intestines. It feels strange especially when you can feel the sensation traveling then in my case it seems to leave through my toes. If anyone has ever had an emg done it kind of feels like that (electricity going though your body). I figured autonomic storm or adren. rushes and a few Doc's felt that seemed right.