Not Just Severe Costochondritis

maryfw

Thank you to everyone who prayed for my husband. He did not just have costochondritis. He had blood clots in the lung and in his legs. We have been in the hospital for 2 weeks. He is much better now but we still have a long way to go. It was incredibly scary and dangerous. They also found a PFO (small hole in his heart) that they plan to close after he gets of the blood thinners. They believe a small clot went through his heart to his brain and caused a small stroke. He are happy to be home.

So the moral of this story is to keep at it when you believe you have not received the proper diagnosis.

Be persistant!!!!

mary

That is terrifying- goodness, I am so sorry you all have had such a hard time. My thoughts are with you- take care of yourself during all this-

Carmen

Thank you, we appreciate the prayers. Not only did we have this but my son wrecked my car. My son is fine but the car is not. When it rains it pours. I am thankful that my family is still alive because I could have lost my husband and my son in the same week. I am counting my blessings.

mary

• 2 weeks later...

Send more prayers. My husband is back in the hospital. He had another attack and he may and I stress may have had another clot but when we went to the hospital his blood was to thick. so he is back on heparin and has been in the hospital since Saturday. Hope to get him home again soon.

I have used up all my sick and vacation time so I had to come back to work today and leave him and that is very stressful to me so pray for me too.

mary

Thank you for all your prayers and kinds words. There is still something they have not uncovered yet with him. He is still in soooo much pain. Back on the pain pump. They want him to see a rheumatalogist. They think he has something muscular skeletal also going on but that can not be investigated in the hospital. His blood level is back to 2 which is theraputic but the pain is keeping him in the hospital.

thank you all so much,

mary

• 4 weeks later...

Well, my husband will be admitted on Sunday to have surgery on Tues to have his gallbladder removed. They have to take him off the blood thinner for a couple of days then the surgery then get his blood regulated again so he can come home. It could be that his gallbladder was what started this whole process to begin with atleast most of the pain. we still dont know why he had blood clots but we know that his current pain is from the gallbaldder (stones, sludge and deformed). So we are in an odd way looking forward to the surgery.

mary