Can You Take Tylenol With Xanax?

i've never taken xanax but tylenol doesn't have many cross-reactions aside from any meds (i.e. any narcotics, cough meds, etc) that would also include acetaminophen (the generic name of tylenol) as the liver can only handle so much of it (acetaminophen) at once before there can be real damage. obviously i'm not a doc or a pharmacist but i don't see that there would be a problem.

here's a handy tool that you can use to check interactions as well: http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/Interaction/C...1,4109,,00.html. according to it there isn't an issue with xanax & tylenol but i thought i'd send it your way as it might come in handy down the road as well.

i always read the full prescribing info for any drug i'm taking as that's the most thorough source of info re: interactions between meds & the like. not just the patient version but the full version that isn't always provided with the med. when it's not i look it up online and while sometimes it's easier than others i've always found it eventually. i know this isn't always a good thing for certain individuals to do as some can get overly worried about all the potential (but very unlikely) side effects & the like but for me that's not an issue so it allows me to know how i have to time my different meds, alerts me if there's something i need to stay away from with a certain med, etc. i don't study it thoroughly but give it a quick once over & refer back if/ when needed. if you're concerned i'm sure you could find the full info for xanax online as it would almost certainly indicate any potential problem with acetaminophen (tylenol) since it's such a common OTC med.

hope this helps,

B) melissa

I've never had Xanax but I remember being given temazepam (a different benzodiazepine) along with co-codamol (contains acetaminophen) to take after an operation on my knee - they were both prescribed by the same doctor and he wasn't concerned about the mixture. I'd check with a pharmacist but I don't think that you'll have any problems.

Flop