Ansar Testing

Has anyone had it done? What do you think? What is your understanding of it? What would you want it to do or answer? Just asking.

Some of our members have had it done and shared their results with us. I found it quite telling. I like that's it's much less debilitating than a standard TTT. Seems like a good tool to monitor progress and tweak meds.

I am quite interested & even contacted ANSAR (several months ago) & asked for a list of physicians in my area who perform this type of testing. They responded with a list of names and phone numbers. The information was sadly lacking. They didn't tell me if the person performing the testing was a physician, nor WHAT type of physician was doing the testing, nor in what city the physician practiced in. I did a little bit of research. One of the physicians was a urologist several hours away from me. The whole thing smelled funny ;) & I opted out.

If the company had responded with more complete information, even weblinks to practices- I would have been sold. To be honest (no disrespect intended) you make me a little uncomfortable as well.

I plan to ask my son's doc (specializing in autonomic dysfunction) at Hopkins his opinion. I'll let you know what he says.

ANSAR seems (from my limited reading) to be a "brand" of autonomic/cardiovagal innervation testing. I had all the same tests done at Vanderbilt when I was diagnosed. Like with any test, the results are only useful if the examiner knows what they are looking at and for. Like with all our ANS tests, it may show a dysfunction, but not a cause for it.

Dr. Marty, use the search engine on the forum and put in ANSAR. You'll get far more opinions of the test from several years past...and honestly it is soundly vaguely familiar. ;)

Edited by firewatcher

MM, Please don't start again with 'you make me a little uncomfortable as well'.

I have searched all past ANSAR posts. I am NOT associated with ANSAR.

There is a problem with some of the practices using this test. Few doctors know what to actually do with the results. ANSAR shamelessly promotes it to them to test patients in their practices as an additional income revenue stream. This is wrong!

There is a past post about this from several years ago. JanetRN does a good job in trying to explain this test. I will not repeat this. JanetRN ANSAR Thread

MM, Please don't start again with 'you make me a little uncomfortable as well'.

CM, you DO make me feel uncomfortable. Take a moment & look back at your replies to me. When I first "met" you, I had been nothing but supportive of you and grateful for your information. I simply asked you WHY you felt it was important to cut wheat out of everyone's diet. Instead of answering, you questioned MY diet, the authenticity of MY DX, the reputation of MY doctors, etc. without revealing anything about yourself- despite repeated attempts to make our conversation mutual. I felt exploited and WILL tread cautiously when conversing with you. You do not have the right to treat me in such a superior and condescending manner despite your supposed profession. Even my child knows to apologize when he has behaved abhorrently.

You say that you have nothing to do with the ANSAR testing. I might be mistaken, but I thought you said that you work with a cardiologist who used this testing. Am I making that up :P ? I would actually be very open to seeing a cardiologist for that testing, but not a urologist- yikes! That was a red flag to me.

Respectfully-

Julie

I don't want to see people argue :( I just want everyone to have a conversation about what experiences they have had, what seems to work for them, what doesn't work for them, what new research someone has read, etc. Let's be open to what all people have to contribute, and then make our own personal decisions. I very much welcome people talking about the specifics of how the body works and why it might be working out of kilter.

If any of the Dys. docs knew it all, we would all be well and fully functioning. They can only do trial and error, as far as treatment goes. Our bodies just have to "prop" up with meds to help the symptoms , as best we can, until research catches up with our problem.

I'm wishing everyone a great holiday!

This post is not heading in a direction that is beneficial for our members, and thus I am closing it.

As Michelle has recently reminded us, DINET is not a place for solicitation, and a tone of kindness and respect is appreciated in all posts.

Rachel