Your go-to High Salt Beverages

Hi All!

I thought it would be awesome if we could all share our favorite or go-to high salt beverages.  I can't have too much sugar so mine are:

1. Propel Zero packets in Kiwi Strawberry- 65mg or 3% daily value of sodium per packet- 0 sugar-0 calories.  I will dump three of these babies into a large water bottle and chug. I believe they used to be around 160mg of sodium a packet and it was reduced in the last few years. Sadness.  I usually find this at Target or Walmart.

2. Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate in "Light" or "Diet"- 160mg or 7% daily value of sodium per packet- 2g sugar-25 calories.  I will usually put two packets in a hot cup of water first thing in the morning.  I can usually find this one at Target exclusively.

What are yours?

I actually have the opposite problem and can't handle anything with artificial sweeteners in it as they make me very nauseous.  So, I've been using Skratch labs Exercise mix in lemons /limes, apple cinnamon (which is meant to drink hot), and orange (just tried this yesterday.) The best prices I've found on this are on Amazon.  I've decided it's also easier because I can have it delivered and no heavy bulky bottles to carry home from the grocery store. And I can add mix or dilute with water as I need it. 180 mg sodium per 8 oz.serving.

I also drink a can of tomato soup or the broth from French onion soup every day. That over a gram of sodium if you drink the whole can.

For a non-sugar option, I had tried Nuun tablets which are good and convenient and cost effective.  (Unfortunately,  that's how I figured out I can't do artificial sweeteners. ) 

2 hours ago, yogini said:

Organic broth. High salt, easy to drink, no sugar or calories and cheap.  Works miracles for me.

+1 - I tried a broth fast for 3 days to get me out of the "funk".  Only made it two days but could tell a huge difference and now heat up a cup almost every day.  Cool thing was I didn't know it but most butcher shops sell this.  Only $8/quart for beef, lamb or chicken broth, and none of the stuff in it that is in commercially available stuff.