Sleep Disturbance/loss Of Memory

Maxine

Hi,

The other night I was starting a virus, and I woke up with a heart rate of 97---(this is on my beta blocker, I can not go off beta blocker or I would be having constant tachycardia), and high BP of 137/90. This is very unusual for me, so I attribute it to the virus. It took me over 2 hours to get to sleep, and I know my HR was high, and probably my BP, but I didn't want to know---I just wanted to sleep. I was so sick, and sleep deprived----(welcoming our new little grand daughter------she went to the hospital at 4:am to have the baby.)

This was Monday night that I felt like this----the baby was born sunday morning at 7:30am. My BPs are always very low in the morning. I felt very potsy, and like a train wreck. Here's the odd thing that happened----also kind of scary.

Before I went to bed I looked for my soft cervical spine collar. I have trouble sleeping on my side due to the EDS causing problems with my shoulders, and I usually end up on my back, and my head is turned to one side. This is not good for my neck/instability issues at all, so I need to wear my collar. I looked for it before bed time, and couldn't find it. I was feeling so bad, and I gave up looking for it.

WELL----I woke up in the morning with it on! I have no memory of how this happened, and I was in such bad shape when I woke up. I went to see Bev in Dr. Grubb's office, but did not bring this up. I think I was throwing too much in her face as it was, so I didn't bring it up. She thought I might be in a POTS crash--- :)

Anyway, I think I need to call my neuro, as she never called me regarding the LP that her NP said I should have done. ODD, how she sounded pretty serious about it, then I never received the call.

I have sleep apnea, and still need to get fitted for a mask for c-pap machine.

Have any of you had something like that happen------------not remembering something like that?

Maxine :0)

Bump

I'm wondering if anyone has anything like this happen??

I won't be offended if you think this is weird---------------it is.

This is the strangest thing that ever happened-----not remembering how I found the collar in my sleep, putting it on------especially when I couldn't find it before going to bed.

Maxine, yes, I have memory problems like that, but not that, uh unusual. I think you should mention it to your doc, since you're obviously concerned about it. That would give you the peace of mind you need.

Don't forget you just had a LOT of excitement, and that drains your whole being. And at four oclock in the morning! What a thrill- :)

Yeah, I guess I have had some instances a little like this. I have tried to remember an example, but currently I can't. (Memory problem :) )

I know there has been many times where my alarms even the ones across the room miracously never go off, and I wake up late. In some instances (few and far between) I can sleep really hard. This mixed with the meds I can do some weird things while sleeping, and awake. I have been told I have had conversations during the day, that I can not remember at all...

I also (and I don't know when I do it) find objects in weird places... So, I go to where I think a book is and it is already where I wanted to put it, I just didn't remember it.

I just think it is part of being really tired, stressed, and for me my meds at times have been a big cause of this! :)

I think that sometimes when you are so exhausted, you can wake up and do things but not be alert enough for them to register properly in your memory. I have often got up during the night and done things that I can't remember the next day - my sister usually says that she could hear me moving about even putting laundry on at 3am!

Has anyone else ever woken up, thought "oh, no I'm really late" then jumped out of bed and showered / got dressed before realising that it is actually 3am and you have another 4 hours in bed?? My Dad thought I'd gone loopy showering in the middle of the night.

The strange things we do, eh?

Flop

Maxine--girl Ive done plenty of weird ((((((((BEEP))))))))))))))))) things in my sleep!!!!!

Could you possibly have been sleep walking? I know that you have some sleep issues.. uhm some times when the body is under "alot" or extreme stress.. it can do crazy things...

ive had instances where ive waken to discover (more then once) that i got the munchies or something in the middle of the night with no recollection of waking up to get anything... I was partiuclarly surprised one morning when i got up to discover that i had opened a band new jar of pickles and eaten half the jar!!

Now i have the darnest time get them boogers open!!

Or ill hold full conversation with ppl who call me either at night or during a nap and not remember it.. that happens alot...

there are more instances... but yes its weird to find your collar esp. considering that you couldnt find it.. and then wake with it on.. this stuff can kind freak you out and make you question your sanity...

does your hubby remember you getting up at all? You could very well have been sleep walking maybe???????? or atleast in some sort of sleep state doing stuff you dont remember.. uhm.. thats my thoughts girly!!!!!!

hopefully its a one time thing for you :)

hugs your fellow weird sleepy friend ..lol :)

Thanks Girls--- :)

It makes me feel a little better to hear your stories--- ;)

I'm still stumped on how I found my collar in my sleep, but couldn't find it when I was awake--- :)

I have been under some stress. The new granddaughter is the good stress, but unfortunately too much going on with my health issues, and it's a bummer I take in the joy more because I feel so bad. However, I had a good night tonight, and my virus seems to be letting up a bit. We went over to my Son's house and saw little Mackenzie, and of course big sister Kaela. My dang cervical/cranial instability is acting up like crazy though. Gee, it seems you get one symptom to subside, and another pops up--- :) Another thing that is upsetting, is my limitations with how much I can lift. Once Mackenzie is more the 15 pounds, I will no longer be able to lift her. As it is I can not stand up with her. Someone has to hand her down to me. My arms do not have full feeling, and nor do my hands, so I'm afraid to hold her anywhere other then a sitting position.

Yeah, the last couple months I have felt there hasn't been mch of a break with my symptoms, and some weird neurological things going on.