Back After Long Hiatus

calypso

Hi old POTS friends,

I finally have found a moment to post and to check and see how all of you are doing. I barely recognize any of the screen names these days because I've been out of the loop for so long!]

My youngest daughter is now 7 months old and doing pretty well, aside from some nasty reflux. My older daughter just turned 4 and is doing great.

I am pretty much in a state like I was when first diagnosed, although not quite as bad. I have had another big episode of postpartum weight loss that was odd because it came on at about 5 months after the baby was born, instead of right after like the first time. I am pretty weak, muscles are weak and uncoordinated, I have the usual fast heart rate, my immune system stinks, I'm pretty thirsty and have dry mouth especially at night, and I'm exhausted.

But I am surviving. Just wanted to say hi. Would love to hear from those of you I know.

Amy

Welcome back Amy,

sorry to hear that your having a tough time with symptoms at the moment, but fantastic to hear about your kids - I bet you're proud of them!

We're always here and it is good to hear from members who have been away from the board for a while.

Take care,

Flop

Hi Amy,

It is good to hear from you. I was just thinking about you earlier this week and wondering how you and the baby were doing. Thanks for stopping in to give an update.

We don't know each other especially well, but I do remember you from when I first joined DINET. You were wonderful and caring and the first person to ever send me a pm. :angry:

I hope your days get a little easier as time goes by. Enjoy your little bundles of joy.

Rachel

hi amy!

nice to hear from you! i am glad to hear that you are not as bad as you've been after your first pregnancy, but was amazed to hear about the weightloss. you would expect that your body would react like it did the first time, but hey dysautonomia keeps surprising us, doesn't it?!

i hope that at least you will stay well enough to enjoy your girls, time goes by sooooo fast!

take care,

corina :angry:

Amy,

Hello! It's great to hear from you, thanks for stopping by. Congratulations on the birth of your little one. I'm sorry to hear that you're still struggling health-wise. We are here for you whenever you need us. =)

Take care,

Lisa

Hi

My kids and I used to love to turn our livingroom into a bouncy house. You could lie down and watch your kids and enjoy the fun! Here's what you do - take all the pillows off the couch, add a few bed pillows, blankets and comforters and watch your kids tumble away. Move all tables and hard objects out of the way. You of course should be prone on the most comfortable spot while they wear themselves out. Putting the pillows back is a drag but this activiy can last for hours!! Hang in there!

hi amy!

good to "see" you & a great big hello from a name that you (hopefully!) DO recognize :P . thanks for stopping by with an update. of course i wish that you were doing better, feeling stronger, etc. but am glad that you & the girls are doing as well as you are & of course hope that things only get better & better. little ones of that age take a lot out of even the healthiest person so don't hesitate to give yourself a pat on the back for all that you do....while the girls are too young now to articulate it themselves, they're lucky to have you! i more than understand how busy you must be, but do stop by for a hello as you're able.

hugs,

B) melissa

(lina, i used to do that with kids i babysat for & they LOVED it! they used to like to bury me in the pillows to & i'd let them jump all over me once buried B) .)