Low Blood Volume

P SUDIK

I have low blood volume and almost every time,I get my blood drawn,they ask me if I am on a blood thinner( I am not,but do bleed alot).Does anyone have the same thing or know if that has anything to do with having low blood volume? Thanks Pat

Hmm. Are you taking a daily aspirin? My son and I also have low blood volume. We have the opposite problem at times (depending on hydration.) The blood will barely come out. Maybe you're really well hydrated?

I've never had my blood volume measured but I do take fludrocortisone to increase it. I seem to bleed a lot after having blood tests or IV cannulas inserted, I also suffer with heavy nosebleeds and heavy periods too. I did see a haematologist about it once anf they checked my clotting and did a bleeding time test - they were both normal.

I suspect that I might have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and wonder it the bleeding is related to that?

Flop

I have to warn everyone that I'm a "spurter." I have never been a bleeder, but lately I have been bruising like crazy. I have never been a bruiser either. My last gastro was two weeks ago and I have a huge bruise from it still.

I have no idea what my blood volume is. I do have days where I feel "light." But that's hard to explain. morgan

Interesting...

I have low blood volume and have the opposite problem. It's REALLY hard for them to draw blood from me. It often involves lots of "sticks" because they can't get the blood flowing.

I'm not sure how this all relates...

Take care,

Lisa

Thanks for all your replies.No I don't take aspirin,and no I am not well hydrated,I try! What I did not mention is I am a very hard blood draw,but when they do get me I really bleed. Pat