Shakey, But Up And About

Hi all,

The mouse is in the house :) Perhaps not as fully present as she would be normally, but definitely getting there. My BP is in the tank so I'm needing to salt it up and drink some serious fluid.

Today is my follow up surgical visit and I'll be driving myself there -- it's my first venture out alone since my surgery on Friday the 22nd. I'm a little nervous; I'm going to put a pillow between me and the seatbelt b/c the pressure from a hard stop would be very, very bad.

I finished grading exams--and tonight is my last class that I have to teach. Thankfully, all I need to do is grade oral presentation of final projects--then I have to read their papers by the end of the week so I can submit their final grades. This has been one heck of an introduction to me teaching graduate school!!! What the heck was I thinking???????!!!!! If I ever need surgery again, there will be NO working embedded in my recovery time.

Thank you so, so much for all the good thoughts and wishes, private messages, email cards, etc. Also, please continue to think good thoughts for my stepdad-we've not yet heard the results of his newest set of cancer screenings.

Somewhat-Less-Than-Mighty Mouse :(

Nina,

I'll be thinking about you today as you venture out alone. I hope that all goes well and that you get a good report at the follow up visit.

Good luck tonight at the class. I'm so glad you don't have to stand up and teach for the whole class period!

Your stepdad is still in my thoughts.

Rachel

My appointment went great--all my stitches were taken out :) ahhhhh so much less itching.

I'm still woozy but managed to hold it together to drive. Wore my cooling vest there and back b/c it's above 90 degrees here right now and my a/c can only do so much.

He said everything looks awesome and that I have less bruising than expected. As of today, I can stop wearing the UGLY surgical bra and switch to a sports bra as long as it's not tight. He told me I can start working out again in 2 weeks.

I just loaded up on salt and fluid and am off to my last class--after which, I will breathe a giant sigh of relief. I'm going to try to get my stockings on in the 35 minutes I have before I have to leave the house... we'll see how that goes! :(:):(

Hi Nina,

I hope the class went ok and the students had some good presentations to keep your attention. Hopefully the hardest part of the evening was getting the stockings on?

I hope you are now going to give yourself a break and just enjoy a bit of relaxation time whilst your body recouperates from the surgery. You can tell Teri that I am ordering you to take it easy and just potter about until you build up your stamina again. Trying to scrape myself up off the floor this week has been hard enough, I don't want to have to come all the way over to the USA to do the same for you!

Take care,

big bossy Flop!

Nina,

I am glad you are up and getting around. I hope you start feeling better soon. Thinking about you, and sending ((((((hugs from Iowa))))))).

i know that post-op recovery is a process no matter how well things are going, but i'm glad that things are going as well as they are rather than anything out of the ordinary going on. still take care of yourself though as much as you're able....before you know it you'll be ditching the sports bras & shopping for a new bikini.

B) melissa