Alergies

Hi!

I had a several problem whith my logs. I had a broncospasmo. The doctor say me that it was alergic asthma. But he don?t know if it is for the dysitonomia. Some of you have this kind of problem?. I take Singulair 10mg an Spiriva for this problem. Some of you know this medicine?

Thak you,

Have a good week!!!!

I have many allergies but one of them are severe, I don't take any medicine for it until it gets very bad for me. I have taken Singulair in the past and my boyfriend who has severe ashmatha and allergies (to our cat among other things) takes it and it helps a great deal for him.

many people in general have allergies so even though many on this forum have allergies it isn't necessarily related to dysautonomia. i did try singulair at one point but it wasn't as helpful as other meds for me. i take clarinex & flonase regularly and zyrtec &/or benedryl as needed.

:( melissa

I had allergies before I developed POTS. For me, when my allergies are bad (high pollen counts etc) it seems to trigger my POTS symptoms too. Allergic reactions cause the release of histamine from mast cells. Histamine causes vasodilatation (widening of blood vessels) which can lead to lowering of the blood pressure. In some of the medical literature on POTS it says that good control of allergies is vital in treating POTS.

Flop

I agree with Flop. Despite the fact that I apparently am officially allergic to "nothing" per testing, my POTS is much worse when pollen is really high here in the Southeastern US. We reached all time record highs this spring in the 6000s. (Pollen counts in the 100s are considered very high.) I a currently being treated for Mast Cell Activation Disorder MASD and that has improved my POTS, chronic nausea, headaches and fatigue. For many of us, there certainly appears to be a link between allergies (or misbehaving mast cells) and POTS. Zyrtec, Singulair, Benadryl and Ranitidine are very helpful for me.

Julie