Oxygen

Hi Mary,

I know some days for me it feels like I need one. Like I can't get a good breath and I can not think well. Its like a "brain fog" . It is a really scary feeling. I have been feeling like this for over a year with no DX and it is hard to explain to some docs without them thinking you are having an anxiety attack. There are so many symptoms that tag along with this disorder. I am not sure about anyone else but some days I feel brand new symptoms that I have never felt before and some days I feel good. It is difficult to explain these symptoms to people who do not know about dysautonomia. I know the best medicine is to be your own advocate and teach people about this disorder. My family are a bunch of nurses (mom, sister, aunt) and no one had heard of this disorder. Of course they all have mitral valve but not an autonomic disorder. I am learning new things everyday about this disorder and thanks to all of the great and knowledgeable on this website. Take Care :lol:

Erica ;)

I was on O2 while in hospice care--3 months. It really helped me alot. They said that it made more of a difference in me than in most of their patients. My O2 level was fine but the O2 gave me more energy so I lasted longer. I didn't get as out of breath. I didn't tire as quickly. Then those 'other docs' who didn't have a clue what I had, said I didn't need it if my levels were fine. I'm not on it now cuz of new DX and new meds have helped me some. There are still days I think it would help.

Some folks do use oxygen tanks and find it helpfu.

And yes, B) I thought the title was funny... reminded me of a Ren & Stimpy (cartoon) episode where Stimpy is becoming a big star in commercials for kitty litter...he meets Muddy Mud Skipper, who gives him the following advice: "Ever breathe oxygen son? Don't get hooked!" :);):P

Nina

LOL, Mightymouse. Gotta love Ren & Stimpy! My favorite dumb cat and asthma-hound chihuahua duo. "Stimpy, you eediot!!!!"

Hi!

When I have tahicardy I need to use oxygen, and go to the bed. This is part of my medicine. I think that If you have tachicardy your heart need more oxygen, this is part of the reason that we have a faint. I know that many times we have our level oxygen ok, but I feel better with that.

Have a nice day! :(