Dr.s Visit

Sue

Boy I thought I was doing so well. I saw my primary care physician. She works very closely with Grubb. Regular exam everything seem to be ok til we started with the orthost. Sitting my pressure was 130 over 70 excellent for me!! Laying down flat on the exam table. whooosh skyrocketed instantly 190 over ????. Took me a while to compose myself. Standing up after that incident. We go the other way. 80 over 40. I thought she was going to cry. She feels so bad she doesn't know what to do for me. She did recommend a neurologist but of course I called and can't get in til September. Is the whole world sick????????????????

I also have to go for an EMG, next Friday Alot of numbness on the right side of my face and body. Does anyone else have this?? and what did they find out.

Last question (ha!) Does anyone seemt o have weakness in their vision. Some days I am good but lately my vision seems very weak. Just another complication??? Going to have them checked in a couple of weeks.

Started on cerefolin (vitamin suplt.) two days ago, will let you know how that goes.

NINA: I GOT MY FIRST ROSE IN MY GARDEN TODAY!!!!! :)

Sue

orthostatics hmmm...another chapter in the weird things we go through.

High on one side and low on the other. Have you had a carotid ultrasound of your neck done?

Numbness, not sure. One might think TIA, stroke, sinusitis. It might be a question for a neurologist.

I have had numerous vision problems over the past year. Everything from weakness, blurred, inability to distinguish color, flickering, etc. I saw an eye doctor and they said my eyes look fine. My primary had an MRI of the brain ordered and it should small spots in my brain where I've been having mini-strokes due to low blood pressure.

Are any of your medications causing side effects.

Its always something new with us everyday huh??? I'm not really on anything new except the vitamins and don't really think that would do anything, but guess you really never know...

Today I was outside for a little while, and when I came it I was seeing major white spots, sort of like when you get your picture taken. strange huh??

I have had vision problems for a few weeks now. My regular MD said I was fine. I don't have the bounce in BP like you. If I lay down flat, my Bp drops, if I get up to fast, it drops. As to the flickering lights, I really get bad as my Bp drops. But I do have constant spots of flickering. :) I'm trying to get my Doc to get more info on POTS, but like most, He thinks he knows "just what to do". :rolleyes: Sorry, ranting again!!

I guess I would like to know if you have "greying out" when you have the "lights"?

Sometimes I do, but never quite blackout.

Blackwolf