Best Mattress For Eds Pain

Radha

sorry if this question has been asked before, but what mattress or mattress topper pad would you recommend for EDS pain, especially bad spine and back pain, would a softer or firmer mattress be better for the pain and i have heard about the memory foam and temperpedic, but arent those too soft? any recommendations would help! thanks

radha

sorry if this question has been asked before, but what mattress or mattress topper pad would you recommend for EDS pain, especially bad spine and back pain, would a softer or firmer mattress be better for the pain and i have heard about the memory foam and temperpedic, but arent those too soft? any recommendations would help! thanks

radha

Good question. There is a very recent thread about this just below.

See:

http://dinet.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=8530

Michele

Pat57,

Do you have a Terpur-Pedic---or another brand of memory foam bed? We have a company here in Ohio called Banner Mattress---and they make their own brand of memory foam beds for half the price. I bought their brand of course.

So far it's been good, but it has only been 4 nights in the bed. My sleep doesn't seem as broken up as it was. However, I still have the apnea which still has to be addressed.

Maxine :0)

if its hard to turn then i dont think i would want to get a memory foam pad, tempurpedic is memory foam right? my mattress right now is medium firm and i have a regular soft mattress pad on top, i guess i will stick with this until i hear of something better suited to my needs, its just that the hip and back pain is so bad! thanks for all your replies,

radha

You NEVER have to 'turn' a Tempur-pedic mattress like you do a 'regular mattress'. They weigh a ton! But, you don't have to ever mess with them.

I have one and I am very happy with it, esp. b/c it has the adjustable bed option like a hospital bed.

I have the original style, but now they have come out with various different styles with softer foam on top...which I would choose instead, but not gonna be buying a new one anytime soon!

If you are really interested in a Tempur-pedic, call the company or go online and get the video for free and you can watch it and learn if you think it would suit you.

It is very personal preference. I LOVE mine, my mom hates it! Thinks it's too 'hard'.

I went to a store and they recommend just lying there for 30 min. to see if you like it or not.

I bought mine before there were so many other new memory foam options and before there were also just better options in mattresses in general.

Emily