Those Approved For Ssdi

Hi guys,

Just curious for those of you who got approved for SSDI how long did you have to wait to receive your back pay?? I did get help from the state so I know that the state has to be payed back ( I live in Massachusetts). However, whenever I talk to someone from the SSA 1-800 number, etc. I always get a different answer. I was just told that I am going to have to wait until 90 days after my lawyer is paid to receive my backpay...I've never heard this one before...I am just stressed out from bills, as a bill I owe is taking me to court over $500.00. Feel free to PM me back I know this is private info. Thank you.

Jacquie

I went to court in April- the judgement was "formalized" in May, attorney's paid and then back payment came to me around the third week in June. So in total, about a month after receiving "formal" judgement. :)

Carmen

Within a week from my hearing I had paper work from the judge. Then in 3 weeks I happened to be reviewing my banking on line and noticed large deposit and had no idea Soc. Sec. deposit had been made. I still haven't received the paperwork from Soc. Sec. explaining the back payment or what the payback to insurance company and lawyers will be- so money is put away. I also have no idea what my monthly payment will be.

I was told it can take 90 days to hear from them and that the check may come first. This is a little frustrating as you can't touch it until you know the actual payback to everyone. I guess if you didn't have a lawyer and had no insurances to pay back it would be completely dift.

Anyway, within three weeks the money was in there.

Hi and thank you both for replying :). I have gotten soo much paperwork explaining amts and what not, I just don't know WHEN...I do know that my monthly payments are beginning in May so I am thankful for that much information, I would like to get caught up on my bills and avoid goingto court at all costs but I can only catch up once I receive the backpay. I am thankful though that I have been approved.

Thanks,

Jacquie

jacquie--HI

Uh lets see i got approved in may.. and the beginning of august i started recieving my monthly benefits...and I recieved my first installment of back payments in october so about 6 months after i was approved.. and then i recieved the 2nd half of my back payment 6months after my first backpaymeny check.. I did not recieve it all at once..

congrats on getting approved!! its such a long process that once you finally get it you breath a sigh of relief.. i know i did!

I received my back pay before my checks started, funny huh? I went to school with a girl who works for them and she said basically it depends on ur worker, another bit of advice if u hound ur worker they will get u out of the way faster, as they like the ones who dont call, so it worked for me. If u have to call a few times a week it will make a diff they dont like prob. Good luck

donna