Please Help - Tingling Hand?

About an hour after I woke up this morning, my left pinky finger, ring finger and the palm going down from those two fingers have been tingling on and off. It has been going on all day. No spreading up my arm or anything, but the hypochondriac and panic attack inside me are wanting to come out. I think I have read that some of you get tingling from time to time....is it a constant thing, an all-day thing or occasionally?? I feel fine otherwise.

Hi Jennifer,

When I get tingly fingers, palm or feet and ankles it can last for a few minutes or be fleeting. When it happens it usually stops, then recurs off and on for a portion of the day. Sometimes massaging my hands or feet helps, sometimes it makes no difference. It is a little annoying.

Good luck,

Amy

try opening and closing your hand into a fist and see if that helps get blood flow to your hand?

I have carpel tunnel and I have to wear a brace on bad days.

i get that when my elbow bothers me. I have loose elbow joints that sometimes pinch my ulnar nerve. i've also had medial epicondylitis, (aka golfer's elbow--as if I'd ever golf!).

sometimes things can get pinched higher up at the shoulder, rib, or neck. if it persists, i'd get it looked at, but it sounds orthopedic rather than pots-related-- but I'm no doctor.

I will get tingling in my left hand with my neuropathy. I started going to a physical therapist because I could feel my left side getting weaker. She was able to track it for me. It helped so I did not feel like a crazy person. Neurological symptoms are very hard to describe. Mine can wax an wain.

Hopefully it is nothing more than a pinched nerve. It may be a good idea to track your neurological symptoms, and see a neurologist if it does not go away.

Rhonda

Jennifer,

This has been a symptom of mine too for over 10 years now. It comes and goes for no apparant reason. Occasionally I have the numbness and tingling in my toes too, but usually it is in my hands and starts with my pinkie. The doctors have never seem too concerned. But maybe because this is a symptom that just gets pushed to the back of everyone's mind. I have over 50 distinct symptoms, so the ones that regularly interfere with daily life are the ones that get the attention, I guess. If you talk to your doctor about it, I'd be interested to hear what he says.

Rachel