Cold, Yet Warm And Clammy

I get this feeling 1-2 days a month - I think I've pinpointed that it happens before my period.

I feel cold, yet my feet feel warm and clammy. My hands feel a little clammy. And I have an "off" feeling. Like my body could just go into a panic attack any minute or something like that. I usually start my period a day or two after my day of "weird."

Does anyone else feel like this? Is it all the time, sometimes, before your period?

OMG YES!! I've been struggling with this for as long as I can remember, its awful and I hate it. I got through it with my period, and I wake up at night drenched in sweat :) like I sweat through my pj's and sheets but a lot of times I will be shivering as well, so wierd. I thought I was the only one

take care

madeline

Yeah, happens to me, esp "that time of the month", although slightly backwards from what you're describing.

A few days ago, right before I was to begin my quarterly (thanks to seasonique!) period, I got those lovely sensations. Burning hot cheeks, freezing hands. I think it has to be the result of a hormone rush and then the resulting POTS effects. It's annoying. A find I have to have a fan on me alot these days. My average temp has risen almost 2 degrees since getting sick!! That amazes me.

I also get that on-the-edge-of-panic feeling. Thats the most uncomfortable part of it definitely.

A few times in the last couple of years, not sure what time of the month but my core will sweat and at the same time my extremities will be icy cold. It's a very uncomfortable feeling that is hard to correct and the other POTS symptoms are usually present; nausea, headache, tachycardia, etc.

I've been having weird sweats recently too. They seemed to start when I got the nasty chest infection that I've been fighting recently. At night I have a duvet and another lighter cover near me to pull over myself when I get cold - seem to get quite shivery but no goose-bumps. Other times I have drenching sweats and will have thrown the covers off and switched on my fan and have yuckky wet nightclothes. I can go from one to the other during the night - it really messes with my sleep.

I can get similar hot and cold phases at work too. I always used to complain that work was boiling and have to wear short sleeved lightweight tops even in the winter. The last few days I have been too cold in long sleeved jersey tops and wished that I owned a cardigan! I think we all need personalised atmospheric generators, lol

Flop

Oh wow, that's exactly how to describe it. I am so bad at trying to explain all these weird sesnations I go through and then I read through all these posts and it's like.... hey, that's what's going on. This is the first year I've started having those sensations like you described and yes, usually before my period, except this month it was really bad and is still happening even after my period so far. Yuck!

- Tammy

I get these feelings rather often, though more often the clammy hands than feet. I get hot flashes so often, winters can be miserable because it's 20 degrees outside and I'm cold on the outside, but sweaty and hot under the layers- or even in a tank top. :lol:

I get that feeling also and since I'm male I don't get the period. When I get like that I always have the urge to go to the bathroom and usually that makes it go away for me. Sometimes if I take a packet of salt and drink about a half liter of water that also helps. It's really annoying how many things we have to deal with on a daily basis with POTS. If its not one symptom its something else. I wish all of you well.