Norpace?

I was just wondering is anyone else is on this or has tried it.

I was scared to try it when I read about it, but I'm doing ok on it so far.

hey amby.. norpace is a bb? or calcium channel blocker?

I do believe that i have been on it as the name is ringing a bell.. but as far as how i did on it i dont quite rember.. but i hope that it helps you and that you have sucess with it :lol:

dizz

It's a anti-arrithmia dizz....I know it's not a BB but don't know about the channel blocker?

Pat yes I'm on CR, did they want you to do a EKG on the med? I'm keeping an eye on my vitals at home, but wasn't asked to? Is that what you mean?

well I'm sorry but I recommend you call a doc and inquire about an EKG @ 48 hours. That is to see if it effects your rythem . Its an important precaution. The EKG takes 2 minutes, no big deal. I'll tell you right now that its gona drive you crazy trying to take the med excatly 12 hours apart. I bought a watch with 2 alarms to take care of that. The CR costs me more so I'm off it. I prefer the other, I can take that one hour and 20 minutes early because there is a 10% dose decline possible in the generic non CR.

When I started the generic I Was collaspeing at 10am most mornings. And 10am - 10pm is when I took the med. SO it was low levels.

Also ask your doc about if you accidently double dose. Its scarey. However I was told it was ok. I was afraid if I forgot to take it and afraid if I double dosed by accident. But you have to get that info from your doctor.

We were talking about poor cognition, I can bet that at some time you will face the- did I take it quandry.

In 4 days your gonna be feeling great! Well I did. :lol:

I have not passed out or had a seizure since starting it. Well except for during a TTT. I was passing out- with convulsive (or worse) symptons a minimum of once a month- pre norpace.

hope it works for you!

Hi Amby,

I haven't tried Norpace (Disopyramide) myself but I know my cardiologist had used it for other POTS patients with success.

Disopyramide is an anti-arrhythmic cardiac medication usually used for supraventricular and ventricular arrhythmias (SVT and VT). It doesn't really fit into a specific cardiac drug class (not a beta blocker or calcium channel blocker).

All antiarrhythmic drugs have the disadvantage of also being proarrhythmic (ie they can all cause rhythm problems). Disopyramide can cause prolongation of the QT interval on the ECG (EKG) which can increase the risk of an arrhythmia called Torsades de Points - a form of Ventricular tachycardia.

It is important to have an ECG recorded and specifically ask for the QT and QTc to be checked - I would contact your cardiologist or the doctor that prescribed the Norpace and get this done urgently. Usually there isn't a problem but it does need to be checked to ensure that the Norpace isn't causing any problems.

Hope it helps with your POTS symptoms,

Flop

I called the Dr office today to make my follow up appointment, I mentoned my concern about being checked out because of the type of med....she said if the Dr didn't say anything to me then he doesn't want to see me before then. Not sure what I should do? He's the Dr who prescribed the med.

Just wanted to let you know......

Hi Amby,

can you get an EKG at the doctors office without seeing the doctor (not sure how the US system works, over here the practice nurse will record EKGs)? I'd just call them up and say you have been warned about long QT with Norpace and you want an EKG to rule it out. It should only take the doc a couple of minutes to check your EKG you wouldn't actually need to see him unless he wasn't happy with the EKG.

You could always call your pharmacist to ask - it might sound better if you tell the drs office that the pharmacist says you need an EKG. Is there any info about EKGs in the patient medicine information leaflet?

Sorry it's not easy for you to get this quick check done but it is important and I'm sure you'll find a way to get your QTc checked out!

Take care,

Flop

My pharm didn't say anything to me (and they are always good about this type of thing) and it didn't say anything in the leaflet. I didn't know until you and someone else mention it. Maybe I will talk to the pharm....I have to go pic up my other perscrip anyway.

Thanks