Florinef

cardiactec

anyone NOT have to take potassium supplements while on florinef? i am shocked that my potassium taken twice now in a month have been normal and i am on .3 mg's of florinef a day! i'm glad i dont have to take potassium supplements! this is wierd cuz four years ago i had to take supplements at .1 mg's a day cuz it kicked out my potassium levels too much....

Hi,

I am on .4 of florinef and have not yet had my potassium checked. I only started taking meds a month ago. I drink v8. It has lots of salt and potassium. For those of you on higher doses like me do have side effects? I am struggling with my second yeast infection in my life and the pharmacist thinks in might be the florinef. It could just be the stress of life with pots. How would we know if our potassium was low? What does that feel like?

I've been on florinef for 2 yrs and my doctor added 20 meq of potassium after a just a few weeks of blood testing...then after seeing dr. grubb last year he suggested checking my levels again because I was having a lot of leg weakness. It was in fact a little low and after increasing it to 40 MEQ I started to feel better. I thought the leg weakness was the POTS.

I am currently weaning off florinef so I can get a live vaccine I need for my trip out of the country this summer. The weanig off is going much better than I anticipated. I've gone from .3 mg day down to .1 and next week to .05 for a few weeks before going off completely. If I feel OK I am hopeful I may not need to go back on it. I have dropped about 11 lbs. of water weight which I have to watch cafefully.

I have been told by 2 cadrios that even low normal postassium should be treated. 3.4 - 5 is range and my doctor wants to see me at 4 to allow for fluctuation.