compression stockings

geneva

I am going to be taking a trip over the holidays and want to purchase compression stockings in advance so I can be ready. The ones I was first issued in the hospital were thigh high and I always had trouble with them. Are there waist ones as well?? I am sure some of you have tried different brands and styles and would really appreciate your input before purchasing. Thanks in advance!

This is a good idea- I am going to be taking a 2 hour flight to Florida for the Holidays, do you think I should invest in a pair of stockings for this short travel? I am taking Pro-Amatine, I'm not sure if that matters or not.

That is interesting about the knee high because the doctor who gave me mine said do NOT wear anything short of thigh high! Who to believe. At least you know that length works for you.

Have any of you who have seen Dr Grubb learned what he recommends?? Also, any insight into what weight is the right level?

I can at least answer your question about the waist high "hose". My husband just received a prescription from his cardiologist today. He did tell him that it would be "similar" to women?s pantyhose. He wasn't at all thrilled about that. :( He received a prescript for "waist-high support hose 20mmhg graded compression". I can't tell you where to get them because I haven't investigated that part yet, but they do indeed exist! :D