Dr. Prescribed Bisopolol Beta Blocker

DSM3KIDZ

this is from Wikipedia

"Bisoprolol can be used to treat cardiovascular diseases such as hypertension, coronary heart disease, arrhythmias, and treatment of myocardial infarction after the acute event. Patients with compensated congestive heart failure may be treated with Bisoprolol as a comedication (usually together with an ACE inhibitor, a diuretic and a digitalis-glycosid, if indicated). In patients with congestive heart failure, it reduces the need for and the consumption of oxygen of the heart muscle. It is very important to start with low doses, as bisoprolol reduces also the muscular power of the heart, which is an undesired effect in congestive heart failure."

I was on bisoprolol (sp?) for several months. I want to think it is the generic for Zebeta. I liked it but now only take beta blockers on an as needed basis because the side effects were too rough. I was on propanolol first, then Toprol XL, then Zebeta 5 mg.

Carmen