Finally Home From Hospital

Sunfish

Melissa

Nice to see your name here but I can ONLY imagine you are still struggling.

I haven't been able to bathe in years either.

I am lucky to use the shower chair. Mine is due to fatigue and dizzy issues in warm environment.

I do sponge bathing at sink every day sitting on a stool..then kneel on the stool to wash hair in sink (I have one of those big gooseneck faucet that swivels to aid in hair washing)

I am lucky to shower every day 10 days but I DO wash up each day and use those body wipes with aloe to keep skin soft and clean.

ha!

when i saw this topic this morning, i was stupified and thinking: how could i have missed this?????

then i started reading (NOT recognizing anything :( ) until i saw my name on page two :lol::lol:

so: i even forgot that i DIDN'T forget :wub::lol::lol:

just thought i'd share this!

hope you're doing a bit better day by day melissa,

love,

corina :)

Melissa,

I hope each day brings you a little stronger until you get back to being more functional.

I'm thanking my lucky stars to be functioning as well as I do. I can bathe each day. I bathe at night in tepid/warm water---I feel better taking a bath when my husband is there in case I feel bad. I wash my hair in the morning. Showers are not usually possible due to the blood pooling which always gets worse in the shower.

I would probably be a bear to live with if I couldn't get a bath.

Keep your chin up----and keep building your strength-you have a great bunch of people pulling for you.

HUGS,

Maxine :0)

Melissa -

I had images of you as you described all you are going through. I remember begging in the hospital to take a shower, or to have someone help me sit in my bed to just wash out my hair somehow and shave my legs. I did have some wonderful assistants there who completely understood. I was a bit shy with them helping at first, but that didn't last long. Then I was horrified the first time my daughter had to help me at home, like your mom. Just had a hard time with that one, she is around 20 and was so good about it- but that was hard to swallow.

Hope you are able to gain some strength to enjoy some of the holiday. Some nice new pjs and a holiday movie with family?

take care