How Long Has Everyone Had Pots?just Curious

nikigrl8883

First symptoms while being pregnant with my oldest child, got extremely light headed, sweating, major heart rate during my lamaze class. Instructor thought I was having a heart attack!!

That was almost 20 years ago...

Now I suffer daily, but moderately, bad bouts usually in January and February. Hospitalized usually once a year. 2004 was for two months, completely autonomic failure, as Dr. Grubb calls it.... Never want to go there again, it was horrifying!!!! I felt like I was lost somewhere in my body and couldn't find my way back...

((Hugs))

Sue

hi,

i started fainting at 21, had never fainted before, i was on prozac for two years before that because i suffered from depression after having a lump removed from my left breast. The depression did not help with my diagnosis despie the fact that i was better and two psychiatrists (sp?) said so!

Finally saw a cardio when i was twenty three and was diagnosed with pots and vvs. He thinks that i had it for longer but that the prozac masked it, if i missed a dose i would get horrendous dizzy spells.

he started me on florinef and paroxetine, which didn't work particularly well, i'm now twenty five and i have jst stopped taking florinef and paroxetine, i have noticed that my blood pressure has dropped from 140/90 to 110/70 and my pulse has gone from being in the 80's to the 100's straight away, but i actually feel pretty good.

maybe i'm just meant to have a fast pulse!

becks x x x