Posting/reading Help

Lukkychrm42

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular, but I've just been noticing recently that when I've got lots of brain fog or a headache, it's really hard to read a post with no punctuation or in all caps. I think it would help a lot of us to be able to read more easily if we remembered some basic punctuation. I'm not suggesting that you spell check or grammar check everything, because even I don't make posts that I would turn in for a grade! Anyway, if it's written all LIKE THIS WITH ALL CAPS or like this: i don't know about you but it makes it hard to read and maybe we could all benefit a little from making sure to punctuate you see what i mean everything kind of runs together and becomes a big blur im going to go now but i just wanted to add in my 2 cents.

Thanks!!

Megan,

That is a good reminder and it is mentioned in the tips for using the forum that members break up their posts.

We have asked that members also use short paragraphs, rather than one large, rambling one--break up their posts so that they are easier for those of us with concentration difficulties to read.

I don't think the lower case thing is a big deal...lots of folks do use that technique, but caps can be seen as screaming.

The other important thing to remember for folks is to do a SEARCH about a topic before posting...as I know that there are answers out there to some of the questions being asked, and just not enough folks to repeat things they've either said before or those folks just don't have the energy.

For example...Things like Epogen, Procrit, Wellbutrin, Sleep problems have been discussed in detail in the past and new members who feel like they aren't getting the attention they need on a topic may find it helpful to do a search...as many of us are pretty much down for the count ourselves. I see these topics and WANT to help every new member, but I, like so many others don't have all that typing energy in me!

Later alligator!

Emily

a very good reminder for all.

all of this (and more) is discussed in the helpful hints for forum participation, something that all new members should peruse at least initially.

:P melissa

Oh no, sorry.

I didn't mean that I also had a problem with all lower case letters... that was supposed to be more of an example of run-on sentences without punctuation.

:P