Heart Rate Fluctuations

nikigrl8883

ive noticed that when sitting or laying down my heart rate is usally normal or a lttle low when i stnad it jumps alot say from 75 to 95 the longer i stand the higher it goes up even if i dont move i just stand there and its gets higher and higheruntil i have to sit again due to feeling woozy even with the beta blocker but not as bad as without it obviously.....im afraid to exercise my bp goes up when i stnad but then starts to drop the long i stand still along with my heart rate going up it doesnt get too low though but it does drop then goes back up its like its fighting to be normal,,,i hate this i know i always go on and on about this illness but its not really an illness in itself it all depends on why u have it and mostly everyone has it along with alot of other medical problems but i dont! i am so annoyed with this no dancing or atnading long i use to stand up at work for 9 hours straight with no problems at all that was a yr ago then bam one day i felt nasuea at work and ever since its been downhill .. i worked at a hairdresser store i wonder if someone spilt chemicals on my food or drink! im starting to think so and there was a virus at work right before i got sick too but i didnbt get it all i got was a cold and a little sore throat i dont get it could a normal cold virus start pots? or does it have to be a certain kind of virus? i cut myself at work on my hand too when the virus was going around maybe thats how it got into my blood? or maybe its my pituitary gland somehow ......i am so annoyed help me! i dont even feel like i just have pots here i feel like im differnt from all of u B)

Nikigirl- I have the same problem. I can't stand still for very long before my heart rate goes up, and vacillates up and down until I have to sit. :) I do exercise and feel much better for it. It's like a bottle of juice that separates when standing on the shelf; you have to shake it to get the liquid moving inside. :ph34r:

I really have the same problem. And exercising really made me feel terrible, plus it was scary to exercise when my heart was going so fast and my bp was dropping. That is why, on days that I can, it really makes me feel better to swim. I don't know if you have anything available, but the water sort of evens your body out and makes it act more normal. I lived in a really small town when I was first diagnosed; what I did was ask the motel if I could use their indoor pool. I think they charged me three dollars when I used it or something like that. I just walked around in the water or swam a couple of laps if I could. I don't know if this would help you, but you could try.

Kady

Nikigirl,

My POTS is the same way. The other day I stood up and blood pressure almost met itself 105/95 and my pulse was 179. I couldn't stand another minute or I would have dropped on the floor. The doctors at Vanderbilt have said I'm in a rare sub-group of POTS because my blood pressure rises with my pulse and then bottoms out. I can even have symtoms when lying down also. Don't get discouraged we all feel the same way. It is so discouraging not to be able to walk around or even stand and talk to people. I use a riding cart for long hauls and a walker with a seat on it so that I can sit as soon as things get worse. Take care and keep us informed.

Hi,

I have a very hard time with exercise. I have been forcing myself though because I want it to be recorded on the event monitor I'm wearing. I can't say it's easy, but I do feel better for it.

Take care,

Amber