Bad Days Are So Depressing!

wibbleway

:( I just need to vent. The past couple of weeks have been horrible but the the past two days are even worse. After a really bad spell yesterday morning, I can't even go into the kitchen without have POTS spells. I get up a minute then lay down. My chest hurts, my back hurts, having trouble swallowing, breathing, and on and on. Days like this really get me down. I woke up this morning after staying in bed the rest of the day yesterday and it is still just as bad. How do you all handle this? My husband and I have plans this weekend but the way it is now, I'll not be able to go again. If I can't even get up to go to the kitchen without bad symptoms there is no way to do anything else. Thank you for giving us a place to vent our frustrations with those who understand. Cathy

Hang in there Wibbleway!

I completely understand how depressing the bad days can be. One thing that helps is to find some way to lift your spirits up, then eventually, your physical self will follow, I promise. Try having your husband write a list of your good qualities for you to see ~ this helped me out in the past when I had my boyfriend do this and it lifts me up everytime I read it because that's why he fell in love with me and I still have those qualities. It just makes it that much easier to get through those bad days. Or just make a list of very small goals you want to do when you're feeling a bit better of things that you're interested in and are attainable.

Hope you feel better soon! :(

Sarah

Thank you! I'll give that a try. I guess even being able to make a pitcher of tea is an accomplishment. It is just so frustrating to feel soooo bad. You want so much to get up and go outside or go off with a friend but you can't even stand for 1 minute without an attack. It is easy to not remember that this will pass and the autonomic system will calm down and then I'll be able to go out for an hour before having to lay down again. Thank you for helping my spirits. God bless you.

Cathy :(

Hang in there. Symptoms can vary so much day to day. I have learned not to make plans because then I worry and worry wondering if I'll be up for it. I know the frustration you feel. Last week I think I got dressed twice. The change of seasons really has an effect on me. Don't punish yourself for being sick and unable to do what you want to do. It only makes things worse. You just have to learn to "ride the wave." I used to have a clean house, shower twice daily, make meals, drive, shop like a crazy woman. Now, I watch TV and read.

I don't minimize your frustration, because believe me I have my moments. But, beating ourselves up over it is counter productive. Do what you can, when you can.

Dawn

Wibbleway,

We've all been there...when I get badly ill, I just try to ignore my body and think, "It's just a day, just an hour, just a minute....it's gone."

If you can't go out together, you can still have fun together. Do you like corny jokes? My husband's a corny joke fanatic! Here's one I got off the internet:

Learn Chinese in 5 Minutes (apologies to Chinese readers...but read on, it's really funny)

That's not right...

Sum Ting Wong

Are you harboring a fugitive?...

Hu Yu Hai Ding?

See me ASAP...

Kum Hia Nao

Stupid Man...

Dum Gai

Small Horse...

Tai Ni Po Ni

Did you go to the beach?...

Wai Yu So Tan?

I bumped into a coffee table...

Ai Bang Mai Ni

I think you need a face lift...

Chin Tu Fat

It's very dark in here...

Wai So Dim?

I thought you were on a diet...

Wai Yu Mun Ching?

This is a tow away zone...

No Pah King

Our meeting is scheduled for next week...

Wai Yu Kum Nao?

Staying out of sight...

Lei Ying Lo

He's cleaning his automobile...

Wa Shing Ka

Your body odor is offensive...

Yu Stin Ki Pu

Thank you all! The encouragement really helps. I especially like the Chinese words. That really did make me laugh even though I tried not to laugh to much as that brings on an attack (LOL).

Cathy