Reglan.

cardiactec

hi,

i know that some of you have tried reglan. i know posts have been put up in the past about this med, but i cant locate the old post.

just wondering what your experiences were/are with reglan?

my cardio finally researched this med and said that it was okay for me to take it in combo with my beta blocker (for those of you who dont know, i am on a very potent beta and there are many many drugs contraindicated in combo with this kind of beta i'm taking, but finally my doc has found a med that i can take for my stomach while on the beta)........

any help/info would be appreciated. good or bad.

thanks.

Hopefully someone will have better experiences, but:

Reglan (by IV) triggered a panic attack that was bad enough everyone thought I was having an allergic reaction to it. I'd never had a panic attack before so I had no idea what was going on, but I was in the hospital so it was pretty easy to fix. A friend's mother has mild panic symptoms with Reglan, but she finds it to be effective enough to deal with this side effect. I think this is very rare, but a variety of mental side effects are listed so you should watch for mood changes when you take it.

:) I hope you will have a better experience than I had with Reglan - Heres my story: I was in the hospital for many months about 4 years ago when I was at my worst with the POTS symptoms and they didn't know what I had yet at that time. I was only digesting 20% of my food and the rest was sitting in my stomach - They gave me Reglan to try and help the gastric motility in my stomach and within 1/2 hour of the first dose, my heart rate went crazy, I had Parkinsons like symptoms for a day and a half until the medicine wore off and I couldn't sit still or sleep - The Dr.s said this is usually a pretty well tolerated drug and I was one of those rare cases that that get the Parkinson's like symptoms from it - They said they never saw a patient so sensitive to drugs, even though they were giving me chilrens doses. I will never take Reglan again as long as I live, it was the worst reaction I ever had to a medication. Beth

reglan was helpful for me for a short while but then brought about some scary reactions which, thankfully, went away not long after i stopped taking it (this isn't always the case). for awhile then i was able to take it a day or two at a time without problems, then that became problematic. it's now on my allergy list.

here's another recent post containing some reglan discussion:

http://dinet.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=6833

hope this helps...

:) melissa

The medication fore was just horrific. I actually tolerated it. without my usualafverse reactions. However I became very mean and felt phsycotic (sp?) SO we discontinued. Doc says that is one the things it can do.

Corina