Crocodile Hunter Dies Monday In Australia

Lulu

Hi, folks,

I see some people know about this, but just thought I would post it. I was a big fan of Steve Irwin's; he had such a passion for life and for animals. He was an inspiration to many.

I am stunned and sad. My heart goes out to his family and to all that are suffering from his passing. What a loss for the world....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5311298.stm

I, too, am stuned and saddened bt his death. He was not only a great environmentalist, but also such a loving husband and father.

As a person who watches a lot of TV, I was a big fan of his shows. My son and I enjoyed him for many years.

It is a big loss to the world.

i too am very upset over this. he was a wonderful man, full of life........i hope he went quickly and with minimal pain.......i hear that they actually caught the whole thing on tape and that the tape shows that he actually pulled the barb (or whatever it's called) out of his chest and shortly after collapsed.......i wonder if he had just let the thing reside in his chest, if he would have pulled through..........they say if you are stabbed with something to leave the foreign object impailed in you because you can cause more damage by removing it than to just let it be and let medical personnel take care of it, after x-raying where inside the body it is resting, etc..............but still the thing was poionsous also, so perhaps it was the poison that got him, and perhaps he was just trying to save his life by trying to get the poison out of his body by removing the barb................

ugh, so sad............

we heared in the netherlands about his death too. and this is what i think: i don not know the man very well but i do know that he took his young baby to play with the crocodiles which was filmed. in my opinion he didn't respect life, and not even the life of his own child, when he did this. it seemd that the only thing he wanted is to shock people.

i don't know what he meant to the world as i didn't know him very well (as i said before) but in my opinion this is NOT a loss for the world.

corina ;)

(i don't want to hurt anybody with this, it's just my opinion)

On Monday night, Animal Planet began their tribute to Steve and they showed an interview with Steve, Terri, Steve's Dad, and their Producer, John Stainton, regarding the incident two years ago with Baby Bob. They said which I believe is right on, that when a newborn baby comes home, one of the first things you want to see is how your dog reacts to this new baby that you have brought into your home. How also a developing baby in the mothers womb can hear you, what is going on outside of it's temporary home so when it is born do you stop doing the things that it heard in utero??? They also added (which this is always the case...not just for the baby Bob thing) that they had other zoo employees inside the crocodile exhibit, they had zoo employees outside of the exhibit keeping a "higher" lookout. What happened was that just one videographer was at a bad angle of where Steve was holding Bob.

Steve has done so much for the enviroment. He will truely be missed by many!

Austrailia is really considering naming a national park after him and also might name him Austrailing of the Year.............I REALLY like the national park thing, because I know he would be thrilled to have a park named after him for everything that he has done for all of the critters!

I feel that regardless of how people viewed Steve's public life...whether they supported him or disagreed with his practices...it's important to remember that he was still a human being...a father and a husband. My heart goes out to his family...especially his son and daughter...it makes me so sad that they now have to grow up without their father.

May you rest in peace Crocodile Hunter.

He is a LOSS to many! Most of all his family! The only thing positive I can say is that he died doing what he loved. For that I'm glad. For his fans and loved ones I'm sorry for your loss!

Amber

right on wareagle! i was thinking the same thing. a human being, and a young one at that. only 44 years old. too young to die. and his kids too young to have to lost their father.

very sad. may God give steve irwin's family comfort in such a horrible and difficult time, a true tragedy.

I was very saddened by this, he was actually filming a segment for his daughter's little show. The waters were too clouded and dangerous for what he was actually there for.

I saw many clips of him with his children and he was so besotted with them. My heart goes out to his family. I believe he was a great conservationist and bought thousands of acres of land with his money, so animals could have a natural habitat. His legacy will live on...