Visit with new Doctor went ok!

laila

Hi all,

Well I finally had my appointment with Doctor Khurana today. He was very nice and spent an hour and a half on my visit. He asked many questions and will have a tilt table test ordered, sweat test and "punch out" biopsy for the neuropathy in my feet. I think he was Implying that with a beta blocker and more xanax my symptoms may be controlled, but wants to make sure they are either neurological or "generalized anxiety", or both. I have so far been diagnosed with chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia and neuropathy, generalized anxiety disorder and panic by all the docs I have been too in the past. My feet do hurt really bad and I have bad bad morning episodes of nervousness and heart racing. He does want reports from cardio doc and pcp sent over, then will proceed. I am to call June 13 to get test dates. Well I feel like I am finally moving in some direction. He said if it was not pots then my anxiety needs to be more agressively treated. Well enough said for tonight. Good luck all!

Hi, Laila, Dr. Khurana is my physician also. He did a TTT, valsalva and sweat test on me. With the sweat test, I must say, looking back on his way of doing it, I would have done it differently. He was the only one in the small room. I was asked to strip down to my underwear only, no bra (when he wasn't in the room).

He then came back in and put this white powder all over me using a bag filled with it. After it was all over, he then took pictures of where the powder turned purple.

If I had to do it all over again, I would ask for a female assistant in the room when he was with me as it made me uncomfortable. If you want to know any more or have any questions, see my email address below.

Hi, Just curious....I hope you don't mind me asking this but why would your doctor order a sweat test? This test is used to diagnose Cystic Fibrosis. There are numerous websites stating why this test is needed and what to expect, how it is performed and have alot of information about it, so you know what to expect if your curious about it. Good luck on your tilt table test and best wishes and hope you find answers to feel better soon. :P

:P Hi again, nevermind previous reply, I just came across information on it.....I guess the test is called thermoregulatory sweat test which is different than a regular sweat test used for CF. I understand now......good luck on it, sounds very interesting.

I agree with Futurehope that a female assistant should be in the room with you when you are alone with the doctor. Moreover, I would want to be sure that he is using technically correct procedures to accurately conduct the test and make a diagnosis. His testing procedure sounds a little too-makeshift for me.

On the other hand, when I have had the test done, it is performed by a technician. You are slid into an incubator box and then heated up until your body reaches a certain temp. Then the technician pulls you out and takes digital pictures which are then entered into your medical records. Then, your next visit with the neurologist, you can see yourself on the computer screen. WOW! What an image!

Think of the test as a day at the beach without sand getting between your toes. :rolleyes: